ManUtd (H) - 29 Sept 18 12:30pm ko - Match Thread

Comments

• It's hard to believe that Arnie has only just become a striker as his composure for the all important third goal was impressive, not to mention his positioning and timing of the run itself.......... The ball by Noble however would have had the commentators still talking about it now if Pogba had played it.
  • Truly outstanding performance from all, every player played their part but I am especially pleased with Noble, he played a captains role today.

Simply a great day,
  • Just been on the man u form to read, I get the idea they are not happy :)
  • That was a really decent performance.

So, we have a manager who knows what he is doing, a system the players now understand, a squad that has genuine quality, and some good prospects coming through the academy.

If this keeps up we'll end up marginally optimistic...
  • The excuses ;lol

Offside, own goal, foul ;lol
    He isn't a happy bunny is he ;lol
  • Moaninho blaming the officials and bad luck, without recognising that his team were outplayed. (A point Shearer has just made on NBC.)
  • Maureen in normal mode but complementary about Diop & Balbuena - also referred to Diop as a monster.
  • 4 of the outfield starters were new signings; think we can say they've settled in.
  • When was the last time Lukaku failed to score against us?
  • edited September 2018
    I've only just seen the score after doing a wolf run. Can someone give me a brief lowdown of the game?
  • Nice at the end that the MoM shouted out to Diangana, went over to him and congratulated him on his debut. That's a captain for you!
  • We won ;footie
  • Superb. United look like a team of individuals & are lacking in direction but credit needs to be given when it's due & we were great today. It's easy to praise Arnie & the attacking players but Fabianski deserves a special mention & that save from Fellaini was world class. COYI!!!!!
  • edited September 2018
    ok so after the 4th game I ranted and raved about our future, what the hell do i know...all I can say with loads of egg on my face, is well done to Manuel & the team, a game we bossed IMO , a game where for a change we got a marginal decision go our way, & a game where again IMO we certainly deserved to win...
    I wish I had came back to the UK a few weeks later, what a difference to my visit v Wolves...
    A more than happy Hammer in Cape Town here ;scarf
    Jose also managed to moan about everything but did have praise for Snodgrass....
  • Dodger58 said:

Maureen in normal mode but complementary about Diop & Balbuena - also referred to Diop as a monster.

He was eavesdropping on me! I said Diop monster first! Yet another reason to dislike him
  • When was the last time Lukaku failed to score against us?

I don't know about the last time, but I think the next time is scheduled for Old Trafford on 13 April 2019. Shortly after 15:00 I believe. And then again a few minutes later.
  • Man U's pink shirts are the problem
  • On my way home.

For those that held their nerve THAT was our reward ;wahoo

• It was the best game since we left Upon Park.

Nobes was outstanding!

I’m really quite emotional right now. ;lol
  • How good have Diop & Balbuena been though....actually feel secure that we arent going to get steamrolled
  • Today they worked so well as a pair.
  • How good have Diop & Balbuena been though....actually feel secure that we arent going to get steamrolled

;ok

Both of them looked shaky in the first two games, but they have been exceptional recently.
  • Diop made a couple of (trying not to get carried away) world class interceptions.
  • ;wahoo I love it when we beat them really love it ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
  • Up to 12th ;lol
  • Can't understand it. Haven't had the usual crowing text from my Man U supporting brother in law. ;lol
  • Manchester is a suburb of Macclesfield I believe ;lol

What a great game. Pelle has his possession football working at last.

And what a find Noble is! Well earned MoM today. He had Pogba in his pocket ;bowdown all game, well until Mourhino gave up and took him off anyway.

Our defence has finally become a defence with Balbuena and Diop and with Backup from Zab and Arthur. Fabianski had very little to do but what was required he did. He is very confident on anything coming into his area ;clap

Next up at the LS...Spuds. I can't wait ;scarf
  • 1st goal was offside, 2nd a fluke, but frankly, who cares?
  • What a fantastic save from Fabianski, too.
  • Just home great performance all round apart from Antonio who looked like closing opposition players was too much of an effort for him . We looked so good on the ball great passing a bit of luck for a change that Anderson flick for the first was sublime . We look like a proper team for the first time in ages not often you see West Ham score 11 goals in four days
This discussion has been closed.