Declan Rice - Signs 5 1/2 year deal (or does he...)

Comments

• I was born in Essex, by accident

I feel like there's a story behind this ;lol
  • Suze born out of Matlock! ;nonono ;wink
  • Suze, that looked like a mention of Leeds with a hint of affection.

Sit down, breathe slowly, help is on its way

;run
  • I always think of Leeds with affection...

...her name was Lynn, she was mates with Soft Cell and West Ham drew 3-3.
  • Rice apparently has chosen England to play for according to sky just awaiting paperwork
  • Surely he has to be selected first.
  • edited October 2018
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/fifa-national-team-eligibility-rules-players-who-have/1hndiedxd2d4h1jfved27pg4go

Too late then! Gotta get the paperwork done and dusted to be eligible for selection ;ok
    In order to make a change of association [where it is permitted under the other rules], a player must "submit a written, substantiated request" to the FIFA general secretariat and the governing body's Players Status Committee make a decision on that request. Once a request has been filed, a player is not eligible to play for any national team until all the paperwork has been processed.
  • So the much mocked Mr Gold was right then! ;clap ;bowdown ;wink
  • edited October 2018
    So does this mean his contract issue has been sorted then, as I am sure I read an article in which he said he wanted to sort out his club contract before deciding on which nation to play for...
  • I don't like it...the whole international issue, however I would be intrigued to see him in the England squad from a sporting perspective than national.
  • MrsGrey said:

I was born in Essex, by accident

I feel like there's a story behind this ;lol
    Unfortunately there is not, just a reference to Greys comment about place of birth been a geographical accident... which it is.

I was though 4 weeks early, my arrival was a shock as up until about half-an-hour before my mum was convinced she was having Braxton Hicks.
  • Surely Mrs Hicks would have been a bit disappointed... ;run
  • ...a Sky Sports report which claimed that the player had opted to declare for England - and was ready to start a permanent transfer process..... was later retracted by Sky
    ;doh
  • I was born outside Liverpool to mancunian and Liverpudlian parents, brought up in Gidea Park from age three and I consider my patch to be the towns surrounding Romford such as Hornchurch, Upminster and Gidea Park as that was where I built my first and most impactful friends and memories.

Have a very strong soft spot for Southend.

Do not think that I have any rational claim to represent any other country than England, not that I have ever had the faintest of chances of actually doing so so it is a rather mute point.
  • I notice the details of Rice's improved content have been leaked to Claret and No Clue. When is this farcical leaking from inside the club going to stop. Totally unprofessional.
  • edited October 2018
    Does it actually count as a 'leak' if the owner just tells him them?

Separately, it seems to be the Evening Standard that is breaking this 'story' (albeit with no attributed quotes) with the rest of the bloggers and fan sites just picking it up from there.

I can't see that C+H actually 'broke' the story - although they are running a poll?
  • Seems quite a complicated offer. It's like they still think they are in a position of power but I don't think they are as Declan has been performing to a standard as good as many long standing pros on the pitch likely earning much more than 40k, he also knows if he keeps up this standard that he will have a small queue developing soon. He may not sustain it, he may get injured but having already advertised himself the way he has he is not available on the cheap anymore.
  • I'm surprised he's playing so calmly with all this stuff going round in his brain ;wahoo
  • To be fair to rice he seems to have a good level head on his shoulders and parents who look out for him so expect him to sign for us
  • Insider claiming Rice won't sign new contract and club refusing to negotiate until the summer leaving him on £3k a week !
  • Not sure what he is playing at really.
  • I’d think he’s playing at he believes if he’s valued at 20 million then his salary shouldn’t be based on appearances or injury related and I tend to agree
  • edited October 2018
    £20m? where's that come from?
  • It hasn’t but if we were looking to sell I’d imagine that’s the sort of figure we’d be looking at in this over inflated climate
  • I am not sure how accurate that report is however as it would not seem that astute of the club to refuse to negotiate until summer simply as leaving him on 3k per week would likely leave him a sour taste which may influence his decision in the summer. They are likely still negotiating as it's in both parties interest to do so, his to secure a top contract and strike whilst the iron is hot, and the club to tie him down before big offers begin to turn his head. I would expect something sorted by Christmas......... puts away crystal ball.
  • Insider claiming

The Boleyn Insider? ;nonono ;weep
  • MrsGrey said:

Insider claiming

The Boleyn Insider? ;nonono ;weep
    ;wahoo