Declan Rice - Signs 5 1/2 year deal (or does he...)

Comments

• That's awkward. ;lol
  • It's IMO stupid, they should have just chose who came 2nd, to decide this is not going to make Declan any more popular.....
  • Being reported on the BBC that he'll be in the England squad when it's announced
  • alderz said:

Apparently he’s won Irish Young Player of the Year as the voting happened a little while ago...

Awks... ;whome
  • And he's in.

Congratulations Deccers ;clap
  • I worry about all the inevitable furore, kerfuffle and media attention that will now be one him. Hope the club help him negotiate it.
  • And players from the big 6 tapping him up
  • Will add to his price, anyway.
  • Good news on Rice I guess, just hope they don't break him..

Looking at the squad we still need a ball playing MF... Is there anyone on the Horizon to fill that role?
  • Irish Young Player of the Year makes it to the England Senior Team.
  • It will be a quiz question in years to come.
  • And by the way, congratulations Declan, on both counts.
    Let history be your marker.
    In claret and blue, and the white/red of England. If you had stayed green that would have been good also.
  • edited March 2019
    We need him to be picked if he is good enough.

WE cant have another Capello / Parker type situation (whilst I know we have not been relegated now) the former told the latter he would not be picked for England if he did not play in the prem.

If we are to ever move forward as a club player's need to see playing for us is no barrier to being selected for international duty.

He will move on from us, play in the Champions League eventually. Of this I have no doubt. Just like Rio and Carrick.

As long as he does all he can whilst he wear the C&B.
  • MrsGrey said:

Will add to his price, anyway.

My first thought when I saw he was in.
    I think we maybe in for many years (or possibly months) about young Declan being liked to this and that football giant.
    I sincerely hope not but I think it’s inevitable that he’ll go if he continues to progress.
  • WE cant have another Capello / Parker type situation (whilst I know we have not been relegated now) the former told the latter he would not be picked for England if he did not play in the prem.

If we are to ever move forward as a club player's need to see playing for us is no barrier to being selected for international duty.

Parker won 15 of his 18 caps while playing for West Ham. Playing for West Ham is only a barrier to getting selected for England if we get relegated but it would be the same for any other relegated team.
  • Why can't Rice play in the Champions' League with West Ham?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47614547

Stop the hype ;weep

(Comparing him to Bobby Moore ;doh )
  • Haven't you noticed the similarities then?
  • Yep but not between rice and upson although ones a footballer the other robbed for a living
  • McLean slams Declan and players similar that change country, from someone who played for Northern Ireland and then switched to Eire good call
  • James McLean :lol:
  • What I find funny is that he ends the statement by saying you should go and play for someone else if your not a proud Irishmen.

Which is exactly what Rice did, so McLean has the hump with Rice for doing what he recommends...
  • I think it’s understandable that his former ROI teammates may feel angry at him. Yeah, McLean has said to do exactly what Rice has done. But he also was in the squad with him and who knows what they spoke about. Lots of people may feel very hoodwinked by his decision.

I think he’s made the right one, but it’s not strange that people are unhappy.
  • I've said it before: for me, and I suspect many, the disappointment isn't that he switched, it is that he seemed to make such a point of being committed to Ireland that it didn't seem likely he would consider switching.
  • edited March 2019
    Could give a monkeys about Mclean
  • edited March 2019
    Yeold

He speaks well of you... :wink:
  • Pellegrini on rumours that top 6 clubs are looking at Declan Rice

‘It is just a matter of price, if it is a good deal for the club, player and he improves his career then we can do it’
  • MonkaS MonkaW as twitch would say.