Declan Rice - Signs 5 1/2 year deal (or does he...)

Comments

• There is nothing in his performance that suggests a player yet to establish himself as a premiership player. Plays with confidence and always looking to be involved. I feel with each passing performance he makes it harder for the club to not put his contract in line with the rest of the senior squad. I know we are speculating but if we take the 40k request at face value maybe we should snap it up as could be asking 50k plus by the end of the season?

• Leicester have managed to tie their recently internationally-recognised, Premier League regular Academy graduate to a long-term contract.

That's it - you've found the solution. Forget arguing about money, just get two of the biggest lads to hold him down, and tie him to the contract! ;wahoo

#bishbosh
  • At fault for the goal for me yesterday. His job to watch the run or Lamela given that he was in his position & he is the No.10 running from deep. He needs to track him. Just a reminder that he is not the finished article.
  • edited October 2018
    Possibly but Rice went towards the ball because Anderson just let the spurs player stroll into the box. Bit harsh to blame him imo ;ok
  • Ham

And a bit harsh to say 'Anderson let the player stroll,' imo.

I still don't see why Cressers wasn't out there.
  • Not imo. He got completely sold regardless of Cresswell being there or not. Both of which are probably finished it near enough articles.

For me Rice was caught trying to do 3 jobs. Stay with the man close the ball and cut out a potential pass. So again imo harsh to blame him.
  • edited October 2018
    I mean finished or near enough finished articles ;doh
  • Interesting. Cheers for pointing it out ;ok
  • So has he picked England ?
  • Ham

It hasn't been confirmed, but that is the 'noise'.
  • edited November 2018
    If you Google news on Declan Rice, most of the headlines are about other clubs sniffing around ;sofa
  • Outcast ;ok
    The last sentence is one to remember.
  • That is good news. If he verbally accepts that we will honour a new deal in January. Ditch Sanchez or Perez maybe.
  • Andy Carrolls wage off the bill will be a big help when his contracts up! I'd bin off/sell Hernandez too. He's on way too much money.
  • If we assume that we're that close to our FFP wage limit, and reports that we're after a left back, a central midfielder and a winger in January, then we will need to ship out a couple of top earners.

Carroll will be free to another club in the summer, so I can't see him going. Sanchez is out for (the best part) of the season so ditto.

Hernandez, Antonio and Perez are the obvious candidates but would leave us ridiculously short up front if we don't replace them.

I just hope the club aren't tempted to cash in on Rice and Diop as our two most saleable assets.
  • ;ok

Diop, Rice and potentially Diangana are the players we have to focus on developing and keeping. If we are going to ever reach new levels then we need to build a base for that project and I think they’re the types who will be important.
  • Does feel like Grady cae outta nowhere

Rice was our young hammer of the year before he played his first appearance & shone in preseason

Diangana I knew of but had never seen him play, hadn't even thought of him as one of our brightest prospects (maybe because Holland plays in the same
    position)

I agree we need to build around these 3 young players

I always felt Rice was gonna sign...but am actually quite nervy
  • Same. I actually can't believe it. I think what's going on is crazy but that's just my opinion.
  • But we don't really know what's going on, only what we read in the media.
  • Yes I was going to say no one knows what's going on behind closed doors.
  • Funnily enough, Gary Lineker and Danny Baker have just started a podcast of the same name

https://www.acast.com/behindcloseddoors
  • edited November 2018
    Big pieces in the Metro & Times on Rice saying he is close to signing a new deal & there are actual quotes from him stating he loves it here, wants to continue playing every week for his development & says ‘I want to sign with West Ham & I think it’s going to happen’. ;ok

Just about to leave for work so can’t quite source the article at the moment. But it’s there. ;ok

Here is a secondary source article but the Times article itself which is linked is subscription.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/09/declan-rice-comments-on-west-ham-united-future/

Also, Ex has said that David Gold has told him over a Twitter convo that the Rice contract situation is ‘under control’ & ‘no need to worry’.

So looks like we could have some good news soon. Just need to be patient.
  • But don’t go to bed ;whistle
  • Lukerz said:

Big pieces in the Metro & Times on Rice saying he is close to signing a new deal & there are actual quotes from him stating he loves it here, wants to continue playing every week for his development & says ‘I want to sign with West Ham & I think it’s going to happen’. ;ok

Just about to leave for work so can’t quite source the article at the moment. But it’s there. ;ok

Here is a secondary source article but the Times article itself which is linked is subscription.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/09/declan-rice-comments-on-west-ham-united-future/

Also, Ex has said that David Gold has told him over a Twitter convo that the Rice contract situation is ‘under control’ & ‘no need to worry’.

So looks like we could have some good news soon. Just need to be patient.

https://www.metro.news/west-hams-declan-rice-on-his-rapid-rise-and-future-plans-with-club-and-country/1302609/

;ok

I like this part:
    ‘We get on so well. Mark… I can’t describe what he does for me. The other day, my parents came to watch me and went in the captain’s lounge,’ Rice says. ‘My mum said to him, “Thanks for looking after Dec” and he said, “I treat him like my son”. It’s nice to hear someone like him, who has played so many games in the Premier League, is looking after you.’
  • And I like this part even more:
    Rice says: ‘I love West Ham to pieces and the contract is going to be sorted out — we’ve been speaking about it for a while.

‘I’m not really bothered about what other clubs are interested. I’m just focused on playing for West Ham.

‘The manager says I need to keep improving and that will come, and that’s my take on it. I’ve just got to keep playing, keep my feet on the ground and I will end up signing another contract at West Ham.’
  • And lastly:
    West Ham have already invested £13million in education, health and social mobility projects in the London Borough of Newham since 2013 and this week pledged a further £10m over the next three years.
  • It's clear we will have another problem sooner or later in that Noble plays a big part in the cohesion of the players but is sooner or later going to find it hard to keep his place in the team. He keeps hinting in periods over the last two or three years that he is no longer able to perform at his best and then suddenly finds it again and puts in some great performances. He is only 31 so in theory even in his midfield position could have a year or two but I cant see him figuring much beyond next season if honest if we continue to invest.

Legend is an overused word now but Noble clearly is a West Ham Legend in the guise of Moore, Brooking, Bonds, he may not have been quite a match for those three regarding ability but for loyalty and commitment to the club he most certainly matches each one.