Carabao Cup Thread - H draw v Spurs in next round Weds 31 Oct

1111213141517»

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Not sure. I had a bit of a search about broadcast rights, and found this:

During the 2018/2019 season, Sky Sports will show two live matches from the first round to the fifth round, both legs of each Carabao Cup semi-final and the Carabao Cup final on TV. (But I think that's UK only. So maybe they haven't picked our game? Or they haven' decided yet, so when the club says it won't be shown, that situation could change?)

and elsewhere...

the following networks have confirmed TV rights to broadcast the EFL Cup:

United Kingdom: Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Main Event

United States: ESPN

Canada: Not available

Mexico: Sky Sports México

South America(excluding Brazil): ESPN Cono Sur.

(That one was dated August. )
  • edited October 2018
    I think Spurs play in the league on the Monday night before as the NFL game is being played at Wembley that weekend (just checked they have Man City :-) )
  • edited October 2018
    I reckon Sky have yet to decide which matches to cover, all the broadcasters always seem to have this problem when Manchester United get knocked out of a cup competition early. ;wink
  • So, it’s Burton Albion vs Nottingham Forest as one of the matches live on Sky for the next round.

Err...ok?
  • I think it's good they televise the lesser teams.
  • edited October 2018
    Yeah, it’s nice, but they had a choice of West Ham vs Spurs (premier league clash/derby). It’s just a bit odd from Sky’s point of view. They want high viewing figures.
  • No I get that it is an odd choice.
  • edited October 2018
    they choose that game, perhaps it cost them a lot less?? otherwise really....
  • Chelsea v Derby is the other game on Sky. There is a common theme to those 2 matches former player now managing against his old team. ;ok
  • jay,
    I think you'll find there are fixed fees for televising cup matches.
  • IronHerb said:

jay,
    I think you'll find there are fixed fees for televising cup matches.

;ok
    fair enough then, didn't know that ...makes it even more a bizarre choice imo then..
  • I agree as they would make more on the advertising revenue you would think. ;hmm
  • perhaps 1 of the people who decide support either Burton or Notts Forest then
  • I got tickets ;wahoo
  • I think it's great that Notts Forest will be on the telly; I reckon Burton Albion have been on TV more often than them over the last few years. It's fixtures like this being televised that make sure the cup still retains some magic. Yes, we all want to see Burton Albion getting to host Man City. Yes, we all want the Notts Forest players to get the chance to experience playing a match at Old Trafford. It's great when old rivals meet in the cup, but West Ham versus Tottenham will be on telly twice already this year, and it's fixtures like this, where both sets of fans have a very real chance of seeing their team progress to the next round, that keep the magic of the cup alive.
  • would agree with with that secret, but its not the FA cup , so imo sentiments don't come into play ;wink
  • Got tickets for myself, my son , my son in law and my granddaughter!
    Renewed all memberships too!
    coyi
This discussion has been closed.