The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Fulham have sacked Ranieri.

;nonono

Didn't see that coming!
  • Super Scott ;bowdown

• Scotty Scarper, give us a twirl ;wahoo
  • It would be funny if Fulham’s midfield starting spinning around in circles for no apparant reason -

Good luck to him, I fear however that it may be a lost cause
  • They're gone, for sure.

It's all about planing for next season now, imo.
  • chicago

A masterly understatement.

They need to find 19 points to get to 36, from 10 games, having accumulated 17 points from 28.

They face CHE, LIV, MANC in those games, so realistically 19 from 7 - 6 wins and a draw, and that still might not be enough. It's possible, as we did it in 2006-7, but there's nothing to suggest they've got the players to manage that.
  • Blimey Grey, you're turning into ASLEF. ;lol
  • Today it's ASLEF, tomorrow it's Alderz

;run
  • edited February 2019
    Herb

I do like a relegation stat, me.

I think it was 96-97 season that I did my first spreadsheet to work out what might happen in the run in (we stayed up by 2 points.)
  • Today it's ASLEF, tomorrow it's Alderz

;run

Please don’t, grey. This is all I have.
  • alderz

I am but a grasshopper, you are Master Kan. ;bowdown
  • Grey, that is funny, I used the grasshopper line at work just yesterday ;bowdown
  • Herb

I do like a relegation stat, me.

I think it was 96-97 season that I did my first spreadsheet to work out what might happen in the run in (we stayed up by 2 points.)

Was that the season we confirmed our status by beating Sheffield Wednesday 5-2? (Kitson 3,Hartson 2) if my memory doesn't mislead me
  • Munich yes.

Good memory, although according to this site it was 5-1

http://www.westhamstats.info/westham.php?west=5&ham=4047&united=03_May_1997

• edited March 2019
    From the BBC...

Brendan Rodgers has been responding to the reaction of Celtic fans following his decision to leave the club midway through the season.

Rodgers won all seven domestic trophies on offer during his time at Celtic and he left the defending champions top of the Scottish Premiership, eight points ahead of rivals Rangers.

"I’ve seen some of what’s been said and read," he added. "Celtic supporters will hurt - I understand how they feel. They’re hurt and are maybe a bit worried.

"But what we’ve put in place in the last three years will stabilise the club moving forward.

"As hard as it was to make the decision, I knew that the improvements we made would allow the club's success to continue."

He really seems to have a low self esteem Brendan does...... ;doh ;doh
  • Grey, I remember we scored 5 but I wasn't sure about how many they scored.
    My brother was at a BBQ and I was on the radio following 5live. I remember joining up with the family later when my mother drove down and telling my father we were safe.
  • Moore sacked by West Brom with them 4th in the table ;doh
  • ;nonono

That’s just nuts.
  • Not a sacking, but Scholes has resigned as Oldham manager after a month ;lol
  • It must have been too easy for him. I mean it always looks easy when you're a pundit doesn't it? ;doh
  • Reading his statement seems inside interference might have something to do with it
    IronHerb said:

It must have been too easy for him. I mean it always looks easy when you're a pundit doesn't it? ;doh

Na,he was always late,just like his “tackles”.
  • edited March 2019
    No shock that Ole has been named Man U manager on permanent 3 year contract, fair play to him, he has changed their fortunes from the dull performances of the Jose days so far.
  • So starts the decline.
  • edited March 2019
    I think that I preferred Jose :whistle:
  • So starts the decline.

Started about two weeks ago didn’t it?
  • Steve mclaren sacked at qpr to think some people wanted him here
  • You'd think that should be his lot, really, but I'm sure he'll be back beofre long...