The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• No sure what else he could have done with the resources he was given.
  • Little surprise that Sam is the bookies favourite to replace Wagner, he played for Huddersfield for one season in the 80s.
  • No sure what else he could have done with the resources he was given.

BBC reporting as he went to the Chairman and said he was planning to leave at the end of the season (stress) and was letting him know now so the club could weigh up their options and maybe get someone in now.

If that's how it happened, that's very good behaviour ;ok
  • Yes just read that myself MrsGrey, class really like you said if that’s how it happened
  • Kind of liked the guy by what I saw and heard about him ,to bad
  • Saves him having relegation on his cv
  • Stop it thorn lol
  • edited January 2019
    Yes, Wagner seemed very composed ;yercoat
  • Joy isn’t in things it’s in us, imagination creates reality, I believe in god Mozart and Beethoven good old Wagner, or was it er no I didn’t see the penalty or the offside goal we scored oh sorry that was wenger lol
  • Martin O'Neil appointed Forest manager and states he wants Roy Keane as his assistant. Now Keane is a winner and a fighter but surely it has been proven beyond doubt that he cant keep a whole dressing room on his side for too long. In my view the greatest testament to Alex Ferguson was that for as long as it served him he was able to harness the power and benefits of Keane without being bitten and having the team destroyed by him.

Some attributes make great players but are just not compatible to man management............ It used to make me very worried when the clamour for Di Canio as our manager was proposed at one point. I really love Di Canio....but no!
  • Claude Puel sacked by Leicester
  • Au revoir Claude Puel. He's finally gone. He's not been popular with the fans at both Southampton and Leicester and hasn't been given long at both.
  • So he who invented football looks like the new Leicester manager... ;doh
  • edited February 2019
    ;wahoo

We can play Brendan Bingo again!
  • I think he will be looking forwards to being part of this magnificent project, and working with such an outstanding group of players.

Says everything about Scottish football (despite what Rodgers has said previously) that he would be prepared to leave a team going for their third treble to manage a mid-table PL club (albeit, one with pots of cash.)
  • But Grey, what's your point here. St Brenda is St Brenda and therefor rules OK.

Do not Diss the great one ;whistle
  • Perhaps he has finished re inventing football in Scotland and has now decided that the EPL needs further assistance from him to enhance the game here.
  • Made me laugh this morning on radio the most successful manager of Celtic since jock stein for what being top in a one horse race think I’d be successful at Celtic
  • I understand that what tipped the balance was that leicester agreed to rename the stadium, St Brendan’s and erect a statue of him on every corner, strangely mounted on a horse ;whistle
  • I understand that what tipped the balance was that leicester agreed to rename the stadium, St Brendan’s and erect a statue of him on every corner, strangely mounted on a horse ;whistle

Well it won’t be Trigger. I remember Brendan’s brother Roy telling me that Brendan always needed a ladder to get up onto Trigger’s back.

• It’s official St Brendan of Rogers is back....

Time for us all to bow down at the alter..... ;bowdown
  • "I'll give my life to make supporters proud of their club", says Brendan Rodgers.

Not perhaps the wisest choice of words given recent events at Leicester City.
  • So does he think Leicester fans aren't proud of their club then?
  • He invented Leicester, and by extension their fans, so yeah, pretty sure he knows how they feel ;ok
  • edited February 2019
    Excellent his started... ;doh
  • Fulham have sacked Ranieri.
  • Scott Parker takes charge