The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• Anything can happen in the next ... half a season.
  • edited December 2018
    Even though they have a 6 point lead, thats nothing at this stage of the season. I know Im in a total minority here but I like Klopp and I'd be happy to see Liverpool win it (I like watching City too and as long as Man Utd dont win it, a throw back from the past, I dont really sweat it unless we have a chance ;laugh )

Have we got a boo and hiss imoji?
  • Just had a look back at my start of the season predictions (to see if I put Liverpool first) and realized I have a chance with Snoddy!!! ;wahoo

Champions: Manerpool. Ok Liverpool!
    Top 4: Liverpool - Man City - Man Utd - Arsenal
    Relegated: Huddersfield - Cardiff - Watford
    Top Scorer: Salah
    Top Assists: Mahrez
    Clean Sheets: Liverpool
    Best Promoted side: Wolves
    First Departure: Puel then Warnock then the Watford manager (whoever it is this week)
    Surprise: Snodgrass HOTY. Ok Snodgraa isnt sold or loaned. Ok, Harry Kane gets less than 15 goals....
    West Ham: 7th. Yeah!
  • Stoke have sacked Gary Rowett because he doesn't look like achieving his target, which is immediate promotion back to the PL.

Now, who might they get in who has experience of that sort of thing? ;hmm

Or, at 14th in the table, is it an impossible ask?
  • He'll keep them up though... ;biggrin
  • Stoke fans would never have Big Sam.

They have got too used to Sparky's sexy Stokealona style to ever want to go back...
  • Not Big Sam for sure, Moyes....
  • Got us up first attempt ;whistle
  • Cuz1,

He tried pretty hard not to and made us suffer along the way.
  • Fortune

That's not how I remember it.
  • Doesn’t matter really fortune the facts will always outweigh opinions and the facts will always be that he got us promoted at the first attempt
  • For the most part we played well. It was just unfortunate that Reading that season went on an unbelievable run towards the end of the season and they beat us twice I think.
  • The squad was a mess, no leaders, he had so much to do...
  • I always said that vorse and love or hate he brought in Nolan who I believe united the team but of course that’s only my opinion of it,don’t care how he did it but he got us out that league a feat a lot more managers would have cut off there right arms for
  • edited January 2019
    Facts show we went up eventually, for which I am grateful, but he dragged us through the Play Offs when he should have avoided them IMHO. ;ok
  • Looks like a job for Chris Coleman, he’ll get them out of the championship ;wink
  • edited January 2019
    March 2012 was the killer.

At the end of February we were 2nd, one point behind Saints with a game in hand and four points ahead of Reading.

We had a win, five draws in a row and another win. By the end of March we were 3rd, Reading were four points ahead of us, Saints two points ahead of Reading and the game in hand had been played.

I suppose we respected the point...
  • We had a grand day out at Wembley though ;beer ;porkpie
  • Didn't we ;beer ;beer
  • I spent a grand ;weep

But I wouldn't have missed it. ;beer ;beer ;champagne
  • So it was you that bought all of the beers ;biggrin
  • I spent a grand ;weep

;nonono
  • I spent a grand ;weep

But I wouldn't have missed it. ;beer ;beer ;champagne

;clap
  • Chelmsford station, 1030 am. Railway tavern, several. Liverpool Street, dirty Dicks and a faceless pub. Several more. Got off the tube somewhere, went in a pub cos we got a bit thirsty. Several. Wembley, eventually found expat and quite a crew, including mike and sons all wearing Vaz Te wigs. Several. Went to the stadium. Had a beer, some blokes kicking a ball about. Apparently we won. Not many Blackpool supporters there.
    Got home at some point, it all got a little emotional. Lost track. As emotional as a newt.
    If Heineken made days out.........
  • ;quaver There's only three Vaz Te's

;wahoo
  • He's playing in China now. 16 goals in 26 appearances.
  • Mrs Grey - there were actually five Vaz Te's ............ Well six if you count the man himself ....... Surprisingly our day kinda mirrored Wombat's............... All of us as emotional as newts
    ;wahoo
  • mike, I stand corrected ;thumbsup