The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

Comments

• In other news, our former coach Wally Downes has been appointed AFC Wimbledon manager ;clap

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46387861
  • Jose gone!!!
  • Ack. Sixth was achievable all the time he was there.

Seventh will do though.
  • In two full seasons at Old Trafford, Mourinho won the Europa League and League Cup (2016-17) before finishing second in the Premier League last season and reaching the FA Cup final. In that period since replacing Louis van Gaal, United’s spending stands at £364.3m on eight buys.

Mindboggling, really.
  • Sort of surprised but not...if that makes sense!...
    Not the special one but the sacked one.
  • It’s man u time
  • A job for GNev as he knows so much about it.
  • He was never a good fit for them anyway.

He's all about spending to achieve short term gain, he was never going to be the new Ferguson.
  • It’s a shame as we had a real chance to finish above United...
  • Michael Carrick as caretaker until the new manager is appointed.
  • Oh no ;nonono

How can I reconcile my love for him and my hatred of them ;weep
  • And to think the original contract giving to Moyes hasn’t finished yet.... ;lol
  • Reckon Roy Keane will get it until the summer.
  • vorse, is that true ;lol
  • Nailed on for Sparky methinks. ;devil
  • Jose to spurs poch to Man U
  • And Big Sam was thinking he was going to Fulham or Southampton ;biggrin
  • Oh no ;nonono

How can I reconcile my love for him and my hatred of them ;weep

It's not Carrick, apparently.

I think Aslef was just speculating ;ok
  • GNev tweets that he thinks Pochettino is the stand-out candidate for new (long term) manager. Spurs fans are having hysterics on social media ;lol

(As an aside, when you do a spell check on Pochettino, the option you are offered is Pinochet ;nonono )
  • Seems kind of cruel to sack him just before Christmas ,how is he going to feed his family ;weep
  • Come on Poch go north....

#Schadenfreude
  • edited December 2018
    The papers were saying Carrick as caretaker earlier this morning but now its just he's in charge of the training sessions until someone is appointed.
    steve said:

Seems kind of cruel to sack him just before Christmas ,how is he going to feed his family ;weep

They can feed off his tears
  • Interesting choice for Poch if he does get offered it. On one hand Spurs are clearly looking to get to the status of where ManUtd were in challenging each and every year for all trophies entered, nice new stadium etc etc, but will they ever back him in the transfer market the way ManUtd likely would?

From Utd's point of view he should be the target as has proved himself in the Premiership and looks to have the personality to deal with Billy big times.

Sam polishing his interview shoes as we speak..........
  • Thing is, as much as I hate to say it, are Spurs not now a better side than Man Utd? I don't really see United overtaking them any time soon.
  • But they have so much more money. It's the wealthiest club in the PL, by far.
  • What was it? £380m on 11 players? Mourinho used his signing poorly. You could back someone half as well as that and they'd get better results, IMO. Also, if I was Pocchetino (or any other manager) I would be thinking that it would not be difficult to get those players playing significantly better just by changing the style.

Realistically, players like Pogba, Bailly, Matic, Sanchez, LUkaku, Fred, are top players that just haven't been used properly.
  • And more importantly seem to think there bigger than the club
  • Nailed on for Sparky methinks. ;devil

Yes, please, ;pray let it be sparky ;lol ;lol ;lol
  • Interesting choice for Poch if he does get offered it.

He can turn around and say, nah sorry guv, I want champions league footy ;lol