The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2018/19 - sackings etc at other clubs

1111213141517»

Comments

• My local Gooners seem quite happy with Arteta
  • Ancelotti has agreed to join Everton apparently

Gutted. Totally gutted.
  • not fussed by it tbh
  • I wonder how many Everton fans would have preferred Arteta? He had connections to both Everton and Arsenal.

Were it me I would have chosen the unproven but hungry Arteta as opposed to the vastly experienced Ancelotti. I feel Ancelotti although a safe pair of hands will see Everton a bit like Pelle must see us, a step down from where he has plied his trade, but Arteta has been under the wing of Pep and is potentially as hungry as he is ever going to be, where he hopefully makes his opening statement to the football world and announces himself as the next big thing.

I feel it's quite a gamble as expectation will be high and he could have quietly stayed under Peps guidance and possibly in a year or two slipped into the City job when Pep moves on after more experience had been gained. Good luck to him! I mean that relatively of course, especially when it comes to Spurs, especially then.
  • edited December 2019
    And an extra :bowdown: for the use of the subjunctive "Were it me" :biggrin: ; not enough of it about. ;)
  • I think Everton will be a force under Ancelotti.
    He is a winner. His trophies say it all.
  • I agree, let’s hope his first is the play off final trophy ;)
  • Pardew is back in management in the Dutch Eredivisie
  • Is he going to get a Steve McLaren Dutch accent for the job too :puzzled:
  • edited December 2019
    He's already got a Dutch Eastender nickname...

# 'Dirty Den' Haag :yercoat: