Where do we go next?

Comments

• On the bright side there teams worse then us
  • Arsenal & Liverpool were hard away games granted but to get 0 from Wolves & Bournemouth at Home....shameful

We are in big big trouble....Not just the result but we were awful today

But we beat a 10 man Wimbledon tho...
  • I would be planning for a new manager in January.
  • Yes I’m all for giving the manager a chance four league games two that will be top 6/7 and some want a change
  • Well we all wanted a change from how we defend and how we play but it doesn't look like anything has changed. I'm not saying change the manager now but if we keep losing then it seems inevitable he might not last long.
  • We shouldn't be thinking of changing manager, Not even a little

But you can't say we aren't in trouble...No matter how few games have been played it would be naive to look past it
  • Who would want the job?
  • I think the problem is not the fact that we haven't picked up points from four games as it's such early days, but that its hard to see how we will pick them up.
  • Teams are evolving all around. If we wanted a long term plan - it should have been someone with a modern coaching skills. Short to mid term should have been Moyes.
  • I think we missing the threat of ac
    Off on the bench also missing the threat Lanzini, and possibly missing a dm,,, but even so i expected better then this.
    Let’s ;pray
  • We are missing motivation. The players have been allowed to regress into hiding again.
  • When things did not work Allardyce and Moyes changed the system 3-5-2 or 5-3-2, but why is Pellegrini still persisting with his favoured 4-4-2/4-4-3 for ten games (EPL plus pre-season). He has to show his technical nous. Moyes figured out after 4 games that 3-5-2 was best for the personnel available. WHU ain't Man City and Pellegrini would need to to rethink and build self-confidence in players. Also players don't look fit and seem knackered about after 70 minutes.
  • Agree Pengeman. We absolutely, categorically, without doubt are a better side when we play with 3 centre backs. I know that I am banging on the same drum, but I am hoping it is loud enough for Pellegrini to hear.
  • edited September 2018
    I have no interest in watching MOTD. In fact I have yet to watch it this season.

It would be nice for us to get a result next game which rekindles my interest. That is what I would like to happen next.
  • In ten games (EPL plus pre-season) Pellegrine has delivered little despite spending £100m. Managers can't live off their past glories - remember what happened to Clough and Ranieri. They need to adapt. Frankly, we ought to give Pellgrini no more than another two EPL games to show his worth. Last year, Palace had a tough job to survive after losing the first 6/7 games and we don't want to be in the same or worse position.

I am also wondering whether some players want to play for him as his tactics are confused and players are asked to play in different positions - what is Wiltshire's position, what is the best place for Antonio, Is Anderson a left -winger? Against Wolves Arnautovic seemed to playing on the wing rather than the middle, What is the CB pairing and the same about LB and RB positions? What counselling has he sought from senior players or is he just pushing his "I once won the EPL" argument to ride roughshod over their sentiments? I ask these questions because I have not spotted much togetherness of players.
  • The premier league is an unforgiving place teams will look forward to playing us .if we lose the next 3 which we could ,we would be well adrift and Pellegrini could position will become almost untenable. . Football is primarily about results Pellegrini is not delivering at the moment he needs a win in the next 3 , hopefully the international break will give him some time to get things sorted
  • International break is the best thing to happen to us this season! I hope the squad will be working damn hard to gel/get used to each other and basically get a look of a cohesive, attacking team who can also do some defending. Like a football team in the Prem needs to!
  • I know people are annoyed but what you have to remember is this side won’t just do the business overnight. Some of what we are seeing has been beyond poor I grant you, but 8 out of the starting XI weren’t here last season. We have a completely new defence & CM area, & Cresswell is adjusting back to being a LB again when he was a CB most of last season. It only takes one result to turn the season around but we do need that bit of luck to do it. Confidence will play a big part in how this team plays as it is not doing the things Pelle wants.

Under Moyes we started with 1 point out of 12 including defeats to Watford & Everton, before getting that first win and moving up to a comfortable finish in the end. It can just click in a short space do hopefully this two week break has come at a good time.
  • edited September 2018
    ;hmm on brighter note, I went for 6 mile run fthis morning,inishing at West Ham youth ground at Little Heath , there was a steward at the entrance, so shouted to him “ who we thrashing today” arsenal he replied, ;bowdown ;clap
  • for once i feel sorry for Sullivan, get a top rated manager an keep out of the transfers, did both and we are still a shambles, lets hope we stay up, again
  • Yup, can't lay this at Sullivan's door.

Just something desperately wrong at the club. Doesn't seem to matter who's in charge or who's on the pitch, it's the same situation.

Shoot me down if you like, but part of me would rather be in West Brom's position. Relegated, yes, but I bet their fans are enjoying the football and the results in the Championship a damn sight more than we are.
  • OldCastle. You are possibly right about fan enjoyment but if we go down it will be a financial disaster.
  • Shouldn’t be a financial disaster now. They’ve had 8 years to sort out the finances.
  • sad but true fact, the spuds have more home stadiums than we have points
  • But can’t play in either, least we only can’t play in one
  • We definitely have the players to put out a very good first eleven, especially when Lanzini and Reid are returned, but the question is whether we will have lost all hope of survival by the time they learn to play together and Pelle recognises how to best set them up, by then we could be cut off by November.

I feel sorry for board (not a phrase I thought I would ever use) as even though the appointment of Pelle will eventually come down to them they have responded to the criticism of last season by really giving it a go, hiring a manager with a proven record and given him substantial backing in the transfer market. This start and the way we are playing is worse than anyone could have anticipated.
  • sad but true fact, the spuds have more home stadiums than we have points

Sadder is...we have more home stadium's than we have points.
  • Have we been relegated?
  • Soon Herb soon
  • IH , as Steve said not yet...
    But if the games so far are anything to go by we could well be by end of season.
    It was the manner of the loss yesterday that is most concerning, surely you can only agree with that?