Arsenal away 25th Aug, the battle at the bottom, can we keep it below 5?

Comments

• Snodgrass is filler. He's the water in watered down coke.
  • Snodgrass should have scored. We’ve been wasteful really. Could have been out of sight
  • We've gone to the Emirates and had a right go.

It would be easy to find things to knock, but overall I'm happy with that half.
  • Lots of opportunities created. Wilshere looks off the pace. I’d prefer Obiang or Rice to come on for him. I don’t think we’d lose anything in attack if we do this.
  • I'd expect to see Yarmo on for Snodders in the not too distant.
  • Much better performance imo, although not sure if that's down to how bad Arsenal are playing.

At times we've had so much space, and we've probably had more and better chances in that half than the 2 previous games combined.

However, we've still been suspect at times at the back, players not being tracked still, especially between FB and CB rather than straight through the CBs so maybe Sanchez is having an impact, who, despite misplacing a couple of passes early on, has grown into the game imo.
  • Well that’s a bit all over the place for me, that inexperienced back 4, not sure how snoddy keeps his place or Antonio comes straight back in? Fearing a hiding here really hope I’m wrong

And after that 45 minutes, conclusion is simple Manuel Pellegrini is rightly a top football manager and I’m not ;doh
  • I’m listening to Paul Parker...... I may become violent shortly.

I’m going to find them at batter one to death with the other. I recon I could use Paul Parker as a club....
  • Disappointing we only held the lead 4 minutes but other than that hugely encouraging. Now not to implode second half as the game becomes even more open.
  • We also have plenty of options off the bench too.
  • Pat Nevin on five live been very complementary to us
  • We are changing commentaries...
  • reckons us and arsenal are about the same level and we will be the dark horses for the season once we settle
  • Nice attack, Fredericks ultimately played in by Snodgrass but the looped cross finds the defender between our 2 attackers.
  • Good save by Fabs at the second phase of a corner.
  • A spell of possession for us before Antonio is fouled, free kick half way inside their half.
  • Goes all the way through to Arnie just beyond the far post, but sliced wide on the volley. A chance, but a tough one.
  • Another free kick, from the nearside this time, for a foul on Anderson, but poor delivery and it goes out for a throw.
  • Direct through the middle by Arsenal, Lacca to Auba, but the shot from just outside the box is straight at Fabs.
  • edited August 2018
    Good chance. Anderson wins the ball well inside our half, drove the length of the pitch into their box and pulled back to Arnie but his shot is far too close to Cech.

Arnie down holding his knee.
  • Need Chicharito on to finish some chances
  • Arnie back up but moving a bit gingerly.
  • edited August 2018
    Laccazette tests Fabs who might have done better rather than push it out into a dangerous area centrally, but it comes too quickly to Monreal and he skews his shot.

Arnie down again, and now off for Hernandez.
  • Arsenal break dangerously down our left yet again, but we survive and Antonio is fouled.

Arnie hasn't gone down the tunnel, couldn't see if he's applying ice while he sits on the bench.
  • Perez (or Lucas?, not sure which I'll call him) is on for Antonio.
  • Not sure if it was a shot or cross from Hernandez, but it wasn't that far away, having been put in by Anderson.
  • Sanchez is my new favorite player
  • To my mind, Anderson has played much better centrally. I'm not saying he hasn't got back to help defend, but there isn't the pressure on him to constantly help his FB and we've seen more from him imo.

Right on cue, a good effort, admittedly after cutting after being wide from taking a corner, but we're too slow to react to the rebound as Cech can only parry.
This discussion has been closed.