Arsenal away 25th Aug, the battle at the bottom, can we keep it below 5?

Comments

• 2/1 is 22/1 with bet 365 and 11/1 to win so that’s where my money going again
  • Yeah, down the plug hole. ;lol
  • Thanks Hammerex, a right confidence booster lol
  • Blimey, Bill Hill are only giving 13/2 for us to win

Must have been that 20p bet I put on us ;lol
  • Blimey, Bill Hill are only giving 13/2 for us to win

Must have been that 20p bet I put on us ;lol

If you backed us, I'm surprised they didn't increase the odds ;wink
  • edited August 2018
    Bet 365 now 8/1 but 2-1 as gone to 25/1
  • I've got £5 on each of the below
    0-1 22/1
    0-2 40/1
    1-2 18/1

I do need to ask myself why though ;lol
  • Fredericks to start, 2 starting debuts (SAnchez / Diop?)

Let’s just give it a go, it’s a free hit, was always going to take time with all these changes and a tough set of opening fixtures, complete faith in Pellegrini

COYI
  • Fredericks, Sanchez and Diop all start according to whufc_bulletin.
  • Sanchez I think is a good call see what he’s got to offer us protecting our back four and letting us concentrate on scoring
  • IZWT

Must admit I’m not a big believer of the notion of “free hit”. Think it’s one of those badly worn cliches
  • Snodders starts again.
  • Don't get his love for Balbuena and (to a lesser extent) Snodgrass.
  • No Creswell, no Ogbonna.
  • I don't look at that Arsenal line-up with much fear. They're better but not by so much. We just need to click.
  • Well that’s a bit all over the place for me, that inexperienced back 4, not sure how snoddy keeps his place or Antonio comes straight back in? Fearing a hiding here really hope I’m wrong
  • I don't get why Obiang hasn't started? Could play instead of Snodgrass or Antonio to as an extra in midfield.

Let's hope Sanchez proves us (some of us) wrong and is strong in midfield.
  • Silly me thinking pre season was the time to mitch and match
  • Is pelle putting all the first team squad names into a hat and randomly picking out 11?? Certainly feels that way
  • Arnie leads the team out.
  • 10 mins gone, Arsenal with the vast majority of the possession but we've broken down the flanks a couple of times without really creating anything.

A bit of a let off, good save by Fabianski but the rebound is slotted by Ramsey, who, fortunately was just offside.

Arnie just played in, and shoulda done better as he shoots wide.

Now a corner to us.
  • Corner taken short, some interplay between Snodgrass and Masuaku, then a little bit of possession before finally a very difficult chance for Arnie who blasts over (not really even a chance).
  • Now a freekick 5 yards outside their box
  • Fredrick’s looks very good, kinda how I imagined Anderson would play.
  • In by Snodgrass but easily cleared, we tidy up after they threaten to counter
  • #encouraged
  • Wilshere showing no pace on that counterattack. Caught on the ball.
  • I think Pelligirini motivation is; you get dropped from the squad for a bad performance. So happy Antonio is back in.
  • Poor by Wilshere, we were breaking and he had runners ahead of him (4 on 3 maybe?) but too slow to release the ball and was tackled by a retreating gooner.
This discussion has been closed.