Transfer Deadline Day: The Final Reckoning

Comments

• It's quiet ... too quiet.

The transfer deadline day activity seems to have stopped suddenly. It can only mean one thing, Sergeant.

They're out there and they're up to something.

• I have only seen him play once for the first team, that was against Arsenal in the League Cup and he looked a bit lost, nothing like he does playing for U 19's for Portugal. He might go onto be a great player but I would be very surprised. Hey, what would I know.
  • I remember thinking Kane was gonna end up a Neil Mellor type watching him in UEFA cup on channel 5. Got that one wrong though he is nowhere near world class imo.
  • productive summer...

EADE31DB-4238-4F04-BEDB-FE178A1ED144
  • Can’t belive Fulham signed a £20m dm after already snaring seri

Maybe they recognised a problem area of the team that needed improving and went about finding a solution by obtaining a couple of quality players to resolve the issue. ;wink
  • You never know, Sanchez might surprise us all.
  • I’m all for giving the manager a chance with his signings think one thing we have is strength in numbers no more well he can play there if needs be, a manager with a game plan and players who can execute it am I a supporter of a new era, the hell I am count me in
  • edited August 2018
    Just wondering, is the strategy of buying in someone at around the age of 16-18 (ie another team’s youth player) worth it? Has any such player bought by West Ham actually ever broken into to the first team and played reasonably regularly in recent times?

We have the likes of Sead, Toni Martinez, Samuelson, Quina, Ashley Fletcher who look more likely to be misses than hits?

Is it therefore actually worth it?

Our best hopes in terms of younger players right now appear to be Rice and Cullen who are our own academy players.
  • Rice came in from Chelsea after being released, I think age 15, could be wrong on the age though.

Off the top of my head, Collison & Defoe both joined as 16yos
  • Didn’t know that about Declan ;ok
  • Rice was 14 when he was released by Chelsea, we signed him when he was 15.

Collison was 17 when he signed with us having been with Peterborough and Cambridge Utd. Defoe was 16 and we had to pay Charlton compensation.
  • Just seen this:

Mike Ashley has just bought House of Fraser for £90m. The department store will go straight into Rafa Benitez’s Newcastle squad for tomorrow’s game against Spurs
  • Spoke to a spud at work about saving money on new kit, leave the name on back blank and say its the new signing
  • Love the way all the spurs fans are saying they did n't need to sign anyone as they could not get anyone who would improve their team and that as their players are young they will all be better this season. You would have thought they had won the league last year maybe they are confusing themselves with Man City :smiley:
  • I think Liverpool have been handed 2nd spot this season with both Spurs and United having had such a poor transfer window.
  • Fernandes loan to Fiorentina confirmed.

Toni Martinez season long loan at Rayo Majadahonda (Spanish 2nd Div)

Majadahonda is in the north west suburbs of Madrid, a Spanish version of Watford.
  • Sky round up. No more to go so Oxford likely to stay.
    Yaya a No no
    Ballotelli linked with Jan move for 8.75 mill
  • Majadahonda, isn't that a Japanese car and motorcycle factory in Spain? ;yercoat
  • Yaya Toure passes a medical for London club, according to his agent. ;hmm
  • Leyton Orient?
  • Looks like it's Arsenal he's joining. ;hmm
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like it's Arsenal he's joining. ;hmm

;hmm
  • Well, his medical was in London. The tweet from his agent doesn't actually say 'a London club' ;hmm
  • edited August 2018
    Burnley or Everton then!
  • edited August 2018
    Anyone fancy him on a " pay per appearance " free transfer?
  • Not for me, yoyo.

He's probably still capable of being as good as anyone we have in the middle of the park, but he comes with too much baggage, and would be short term.

Best avoided, imo.

(Pelle said a while ago he wasn't considering him.)
This discussion has been closed.