Transfer Deadline Day: The Final Reckoning

Comments

• Going to be a lot of Strong Teams this season.
  • Going to be a lot of Strong Teams this season.

and Cardiff

• and Southampton.
  • Three worthy candidates for relegation ;lol
  • Taken from the BBC, who reposted a text from a Spurs 'fan'.
    Spurs are not even close to signing anyone and we're slowly losing our best players. If building a new stadium means more of this for the next few years, I won't even be following Spurs any more, let alone going to home games.
    Can't help but laugh at him. ;lol
  • I can’t help but laugh at his name - “Tom Tutty”
  • So Dendocker has gone to Wolves. Really wanted Doncks here, but according to Ex, Pellegrini was put off by his performances in the World Cup.

Sanchez looks likely to happen, although his World Cup performances didn't exactly scream PL quality to me.

Benefit of the doubt though; Pellegrini is probably better qualified to judge than I.
  • Sunderland in for the brilliantly named Max Power which reminds me of a Simpsons episode
  • In other news, West Ham have launched an official App.

Welcome to 2012, West Ham United.
  • So have Man U. They beat us by a couple of days, though.

• 14:01

OXFORD HEADING TO GERMANY

Reece Oxford looks set to head back to Germany before the end of the month, SSN understands.

Hannover, RB Leipzig and Frankfurt are all keen to sign the West Ham defender.

Earlier this month we reported West Ham were willing to sell Oxford for a fee believed to be around £10m.

• Dendoncker quoted as saying "I followed Wolves a bit last year and I saw they did really good, winning a lot of games, playing good football."

Really? I wonder how many games he watched before being approached by Wolves?
  • Maybe he thinks they are still in the Champoo
  • What a daft thing to say (dendoncker) - if wolves got promoted there is a natural implication that they would have won a lot of games. In doing so they were playing the likes of Brentford, not Man City
  • Is it possible that he meant 'winning a lot of games by playing good football'? Because if so it's fair enough, I think?
  • It’s still easier to win by playing good football when you are playing Brentford though?

Perhaps I am just splitting hairs ;lol
  • Perhaps hasn't watched them at all and thinks they were in the Premier League last season.
  • edited August 2018
    Already spuds fans saying its good management not signing new players,lol , hope they finish 10th
  • What a window ;wahoo
  • Provided they had notified that the signing was agreed
  • Provided they had notified that the signing was agreed

Yes ;ok

(signings can still be announced after th window closes)

I opened a new thread for Sanchez and his associated comments....
  • Everton having a mad half hour ;wahoo
  • And no big names out, happy days
  • MrsGrey said:

Everton having a mad half hour ;wahoo

Yeah, they've surprised me a bit.

Could be argued that Mina, Bernard and Gomes are better than Diop/Balbuena, Anderson and Sanchez, so I think perhaps they've won today.

I see them as a direct competitor so it'll be interesting to see how they do this year.

Leicester have done some good business too, as have Fulham and Wolves.

Early money on Cardiff, Southampton and Huddersfield to be relegated in May ;hmm
  • Not one single loan all window ;hmm

#forwardplanning
  • Watford signing Quina from us, but it is subject to the 'deal sheet' being ratified.
  • So Snodgrass & Byram stay with us.
  • Poor Ginge. Surprised he didn't get a PL club, but he won't now be signing for anybody in the PL as the rules state the deadline today applies to free transfers too.
This discussion has been closed.