Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• Oh, he so is. ;lol
  • Rumour is Carroll out for a month he got a splinter on Saturday
  • A complete drama queen. He has the annoying habit of feigning an injury each time he screws up. I've known other players that do this. It wasn't my fault guv I got this niggle but look its gone now.
  • I think that he gets pelters because of how he shows his emotions. When he's frustrated or annoyed, at himself or others, his body language shows that.
  • I hope we Havn't got an embyronic Payet sneaking up on us here.
  • Arnie has trained all week, no problems. Is fit.

(The boss's words, earlier on today ;ok )
  • ;pray lets just hope we lead by the 80 min before he limps off ;whistle
  • edited December 2018
    Anyone know the likely return date of all our injured players

Yarmelenko and Sanchez are pretty much out for the season.

Reid and Lanzini last I heard was a supposedly Jan return ?

Fredericks was he out for the rest of the season ?

Arnie is a ?
  • I’m pretty sure Fredericks was January or February. Best place to find this stuff is physioroom
  • There's a link to Physio room on the right, which shows the updated table with expected dates for all clubs.
  • edited December 2018
    its pretty dubious though, most have "No Date" and Winston Reid's has been at one month for the last 4 months...
  • Yeold

Better that than just making stuff up, imo.

I think they go on what clubs release.
  • edited December 2018
    Physioroom just aggregate all the info that comes out of clubs on an official basis.

The dates there are the latest dates that have been made public.

If they have 'no date' it's because no date has been announced/advanced by a club rep. Or no further announcements have been made following the first statement about the injury.

What they don't do is post 'speculative' dates put out by tweeters, bloggers or supposed ITKs, or suggest a date based on vague timelines like 'could be out for up to 6 weeks'

The internet is a rich source of dates and timelines if you want speculation. But I'd say it was that that is 'pretty dubious'.
  • If you look at the full table https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php it includes a (most recent) quote from the manager, That sometimes gives a better idea ....
  • “Thank you so much for all your messages. I will be out for a while but will do everything to come back strong and quick”. Arnie's Instagram.
  • Tbf he has needed a breather for a while. Time for the others to step up. Rumour is he is out for 6-8 weeks.
  • We're 2nd on the injury list, Manure have 9, we have 8.

However 8 of Manure's 9 are expected back this month, and the 9th next month

Of our 8, 5 of them are "no return date" and 2 of the remaining 3 may return by the end of April 2019.

We're cursed, I tell'ye, cursed. ;weep
  • According to the Mirror they weren't able to scan to determine the extent of the injury yesterday because the area was too inflamed.

Patience, Grasshopper...
  • Sounds like it's going to be a while out for Arnie. Don't expect to see him for the remainder of this year
  • Ergh. So disappointing. I know some will say that Hernandez and Perez have scored four between them in two games, but neither offer anything similar to Arnie.

They don't have his pace, his strength, his workrate; he bullies defences and makes things happen for himself, whereas they tend to be more reactionary. Antonio is probably the closest player we have in terms of physicality, but he doesn't have Arnie's guile or footballing intelligence.

Hopefully he won't be out for too long, but in a month when we could make a big leap up the table, to lose our best forward is such a pain.
  • If Arnie had broken down 6 weeks ago I think we would have been in a far worse situation than we are now. Yes, he's our best striker, but we now have Perez, Hernandez and Carroll available. Over the autumn it would have almost just been Antonio.
  • I can't remember who but there was another player injured recently (last season maybe or the season before) who couldn't be scanned straight away because of inflammation and when it was scanned it wasn't as bad as first feared.

Hamstrings are divided into three grades, Grade 1 needs three weeks rest, Grade 2 four to eight weeks while Grade 3 might need surgery which would be about 3 months.

Let's just wait and see.
  • It is a blow, but tbh I'd be more worried if we lost Anderson atm.

Arnie is a miss, but as alderz says, there are others who can cover, if not quite so well.

If we lost Anderson, I'm not sure there is anyone who can replace him who is fit.
  • At least it will give him chance to rest his knee
  • Arnautovic has a muscle injury. He will probably be out for around one month. We know how important he is for this team. We know we have to play seven games in December and six games more in January.

"Wilshere is not 100% comfortable so he won't be available, but I think it will just be for this game.
    From the press conf just on.
  • We are top of the league; I said, we are top of the league!

;weep
  • edited December 2018
    About the only thing we do consistently.
  • So Arnie Could miss up to 9 games. Lets hope others can step up and do the business.
  • Aaron Cresswell could also return to the squad in time for the game on Saturday 15 December
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/06-december/team-news-pellegrini-provides-update-arnautovic-injury#HLDvX3pez5LFAw6Z.99