Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• Yep, and that will help cement Rice place as well, I would get that contract under him right now
  • And so the injury list grows and grows.....spooky
  • Yep, and that will help cement Rice place as well, I would get that contract under him right now

I don't think Sanchez was going to threaten that, he looks terrible!
  • As strong as Rice is, I'd caution about cementing him in place - bit too much Godfather there.
    Instead, how about a horse's head under his pillow and making him an offer he can't refuse. ;yercoat
  • Personally don’t think Sanchez has been terrible, he made one huge gaff because frankly our off the ball movement in that game was non-existent
  • Rice's agent just got a big bargaining chip...
  • His bargaining chip is that he's a first teamer who is our young player of the year for 2 seasons with 30 caps and has played internationals desire only being 19

Don't think Sanchez getting injured is the bargaining chip here
  • I do, because frankly an agent would try anything to get the deal for his client and fat on that 10-20%

30 caps?
  • Think caps was auto-corrected from apps.
  • Personally don’t think Sanchez has been terrible, he made one huge gaff because frankly our off the ball movement in that game was non-existent

The Chelsea game he came on late and I swear he gave the ball away the first 4 times he got it. Not what you want from a player in that position.
  • Arnie back & available for Man Utd according to the boss.
  • edited September 2018

The Chelsea game he came on late and I swear he gave the ball away the first 4 times he got it.

;hmm WhoScored have him as touching the ball 3 times, completing 1 pass.

In the 217 mins he's played so far, he has a Pass Completion % of 88.5. (Rice is 83.7%)
  • MrsGrey said:

The Chelsea game he came on late and I swear he gave the ball away the first 4 times he got it.

;hmm WhoScored have him as touching the ball 3 times, completing 1 pass.

In the 217 mins he's played so far, he has a Pass Completion % of 88.5. (Rice is 83.7%)
    Probably miscontrolled the other 2 touches then.
  • Sanchez IMO was our poorest buy pre season, have never rated him b4 he joined & again IMO what I've seen of him he's done very little to change my opinion.
    However as he's now a West Ham player i'll give him my support, I never obviously want any of our players to pick up injuries, especially a bad one by all accounts, but if I was pressed to have to pick a player who had to get injured, being honest it would be Sanchez.
  • Whufc_bulletin says that Sanchez will miss the rest of the season following further examinations after he suffered a similar injury to Lanzini.
  • This is where Scooby Doo removes Sanchez's mask to reveal he is actually Gokhan Tore...

...then removes Tore's mask to reveal he is actually Tomas Hitzlsperger…

...then removes Hitzlsperger's mask to reveal he's actually Kieron Dyer (who owns the old fun fair).
  • Lukerz said:

Whufc_bulletin says that Sanchez will miss the rest of the season following further examinations after he suffered a similar injury to Lanzini.

That certainly is not good news, regardless what I said above...
  • So Yarmalenko has done his Achilles and is out for the season. I hope he has a good recovery.

;weep
  • Confirmed?
  • MrsGrey said:

Confirmed?

Haven’t seen it on the official site but others such as claret and hugh are reporting it. Most likely to be true.
  • It looked bad when they showed it on MOTD.
  • In real time, it seems as those near him heard something that made them react with horror. Spurs players (acc. to comms) immediately shouting to put the ball out of play ;ok
  • You could tell from his immediate reaction he was in trouble, I’d be very surprised if that’s not ruptured, and that will probably be most of the season out. Injuries starting to rack up again plus Arnie isn’t 100%
  • sweepy23 said:

Most likely to be true.

I see they have a direct quote, so seems like it's fairly accurate, rather than just theorising based on what they know about Achilles injuries.
  • Ex has reported that the word out of the club is that it is ruptured ;weep

Julien Faubert had a similar injury when he joined us, pre season game in mid July, didn’t make a first team appearance until mid Jan
  • izzy - yes, reaction on the pitch made me think it had snapped audibly (or bone had snapped). Poor bloke!

Apparently (again acc. to the comms we had) Arnie was 'visibly distressed'.

Although they may have been referencing his hair ;hmm ;wink
  • Yep awful Mrs G, really feel for the lad
  • Alfie inge Haland was never the same player after he did his, they said it looked liked he’d been shot with nobody else around him when he did his
  • I understand there is a big pop when it happens and yes unfortunately some never recover. Fingers crossed.