• MrsGrey said:

Played 45 mins.

... before he had to subbed because his leg had to be taken off
  • ;nonono
  • They took his leg off? ;weep
  • No, they found his birth certificate ;biggrin
  • Cresswell and Balbuena available for selection
  • Cresswell and Balbuena available for selection

Excellent news. Cresswell straight back in, although Masuaku did very well I thought against Newcastle. Despite my momentary lapse of reason, around about the Wimbledon game, I am back as Oggies number one fan. I just can`t see either Oggy or Diop getting dropped at the minute. I know The General looked like our signing of the season, but who do you drop???? ;scarf
  • Madcap

Nice link:

momentary lapse of reason ;wink

;bowdown
  • I think with Masuaku, it was a momentary attack of sanity. Cresswell every time for me
  • Ex on twitter says Carroll is injured again. Not that it matters too much since we’re unlikely to renew his contract.
  • Good news

Means he can't force his way back into a contract
  • ;hmm after that game perhaps Carroll can force a new contract
  • The Times
    West Ham striker Andy Carroll, whose contract expires in the summer, could have played his last game for the club after suffering an ankle injury which could mean the 30-year-old misses the rest of the season.
  • ;wave Andy Carroll
  • For me it’s a shame but think this season it’s shown injuries have taken there toll on his body
  • Tbh honest I'll be glad to see the back of him. But I do feel for him so hope he somehow finds another club and gets some games.
  • Andy Carroll is just like West Ham,,,somewhere along,,never fails to disappoint
    And like our dreams
  • One thing with Andy Carroll. He always tried his hardest on the pitch, and when at his best was unstoppable.

Shame it looks like he is yet again injured.
  • Andy has been obviously stop start throughout his contract (mainly stop) and whilst I've always desired him to do what he does best, its pretty clear we've moved on style of play wise. Even if he was fit, we pay him way too much to be any kind of impact sub I hope he finds another club and some sort of extended break from injury. Sceptical about that though...
  • BBC reporting that Jack Wilshire will be back training next week. ;hmm
  • Didn't Pelle say Wilshire would not play again this season.
  • Don't think so. I've looked back 4 pages and all I could find was a Daily Mail article link.
  • If you google for news on him, you get 'season is over' and 'comeback on the horizon' ;lol

A direct quote from Pellegrini in this blog dated today https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/wilshere-carroll-west-ham-injury-15940241

"We are going to give him the time to recover 100 per cent. Maybe next week he will start doing some work on the pitch but we must be calm with him, he needs to recover 100 per cent."
  • I noticed that Balbuena played for Paraguay in their international match yesterday. Getting fitter ;thumbsup
  • Wilshere training with the U23s. Back with the 1st team soon, he hopes. https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/march/25-march/wilshere-declan-rice-has-done-himself-proud

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, Daily Mail!
  • Sam Byram played his first 90 minutes since August with Nottingham Forest U23s this afternoon.
  • Looks like Carroll is out for the season after ankle surgery. That is likely to be the end for Andy at WHU.
  • Sums up his WHU career really

Several weeks of him missing with a mysterious injury followed by the announcement that his season is over
  • His gaff in Chigwell is still available on Rightmove.com