Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• Rice would be able to play the Fernandinho role, he'll most likely be doing so for real i the next 18 months when City come calling with 50M ;weep and ;run
  • ;fishslap
  • You know everyone's watching him with envious eyes... City are prime candidates. So that's both Greys that have given me a whack in recent days because of Decerz ;lol
  • But to soften the hurt, imagine how much Chelski are spewing. ;lol
  • We just need to buy Agero ;biggrin
  • We'd end up with an Austin Allegro ;lol
  • edited January 2019
    We’re gonna have some side when all fit:

Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Diop - Balbuena - Cresswell
    Rice - Lanzini
    Yarmolenko - Nasri - Anderson
    Hernandez

Adrian, Ogbonna, Fredericks, Noble, Wilshere, Antonio, Carroll

With Reid, Masuaku, Obiang, Sanchez, Snodgrass, Diangana, Perez not even in the 18! Plus I have left Arnie out for now.

Not saying that 11 will be our best side as it is very attacking, but some good options there.
  • I think when all are fit it’ll be Lanzini vs Nasri for the AM spot in a 4-2-3-1, rather than both. Nasri gives us a great option, but if Manu comes back anything like the player he was before then he is the future, imo.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46926248

Mawson injured himself while changing his boots...

Just as well we didn't get him.
  • From Sky this morning. Manuel Pellegrini has good news for West Ham fans, revealing Manuel Lanzini has returned to training following his long-term knee injury. Excellent news!
  • Still early days, as he's not doing the actual training. "We had good news that Lanzini started working with the squad. He did the warm-up. Fredericks is also doing complete work with the squad."

But good news, nevertheless!
  • I mean. Just gives me goosebumps hearing he's nearly back. 100% my favourite player.
  • At 1 minute 42 secs.... The perfect Manuel return...

• According to Ex, Arnie will have scans in the morning for a broken foot.
  • MP
    "We don't have any creative midfielders, defenders, strikers in this moment so it's difficult playing so many games with the same players."

Fixed it for ya' Manuel ;biggrin
  • Anyone heard anything about why Cresswell and Nasri were unavailable yesterday? Seems like a news blackout.
  • Ex reported yesterday that they weren't serious injuries, but no indication of when either will be back, if you consider that news.
  • Cheers ;ok
  • edited January 2019
    Claret & Hugh reporting that Arnie has suffered heavy bruising & has an outside chance of being fit for Liverpool. Ex reporting this news too. States there is no break and he should be back within 2 weeks.
  • Today's press conf.

"Fabianski will be OK. He didn't work today 100 per cent but I think he will be able to work normally tomorrow. Aaron Cresswell is getting better, but Samir Nasri needs one week more."

Arni - it's bruising, but don't know yet if he'll be OK for Liverpool.
  • edited February 2019
    According to some reports Wilshere’s season could be over
  • edited February 2019
    In all fairness it never really got started...Next season IMO will be make or break for him. Not sure I should have used break relating to Wilshire.
  • Wouldn't surprise me to see Wilshere retire before he hits 30

Sad to see but you can only come back from disappointments like this so many times
  • According to some reports Wilshere’s season could be over

Well, as far as I can see, the sole source of this is the Daily Mail, who say they 'understand' his season is over, but no other info on why they understand this.
    Further down the page they also say (again, unsupported) that Lanzini won't play again this season.

So, are we believing that, too?
  • I wouldn't be surprised in Lanzini doesn't play again this season but am surprised that I may be agreeing with the Daily Mail. ;biggrin
  • Lanzini is back in training, isn’t he? Surely he wouldn’t need 4 months of football training before he can play! Last I heard, he’ll be back in March.