Liverpool v West Ham 13:30 12th August 2018 Match Thread

Comments

• See Klopp is already getting his excuses in about players being tired from the WC and the African Nations cup coming up as well....
  • If there was a time to play them it would be at the start

But they will have VVD, Robertson, Keita, Fabinho, Milner, Wjnaludm, Matip, Clyne and Gomez who didn't feature at all at the WC. Plus TAA, Salah, Firminio and Mane who barely featured
  • So basically they are without two players who personally I would have preferred to have been in their team - Lovren and Henderson
  • Pretty much

I'm hoping that their front 3 are at least leggy
  • I've been looking for something leggy for most of my adult life. ;lol
  • Was telling my Liverpool supporting work colleagues yesterday that they could have saved a fortune and signed Joe Hart on a cheapie

Their response is non suitable for this forum ;lol
  • they’ve spent 70m to concede slightly fewer goals on the way to not winning anything...
  • So Liverpool,with close to full strength XI (except front 3) were outplayed by Man city under 21s last night for large parts

However....Mane and Salah both came on for cameos and picked up where they left off last season.... a goal each and terrorised Citys defence

Ive been impressed with us at preseason....but dunno how we are gonna stop them scoring ;pray
  • Think it will just be worth going for it. Don't think we have it in us to keep them out. Last season we played five at the back & still got beat 4-1. As long as we show ambition, try & take the game to them where possible & counter with purpose, I'll be happy. We will struggle to keep Salah, Mane, Firmino etc quiet.
  • The last time I was in the UK when we played Liverpool, we beat them 3-0 at their place.

I fly to England on 10 August.

Just sayin'
  • The last time West Ham came away from Anfield with maximum points in a league game, Harold Macmillan David Cameron was prime minister and She Loves You by the Beatles Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars was No.1 in the charts.

And Mrs G was in the house.

;biggrin
  • And another thing .... We also beat them at home TWICE that season ;biggrin
  • edited July 2018
    No. I refuse. And you can't make me.
  • Im optimistic for this season, im ive been much happier with this preseason than last.....but i dont expect anything from this

Liverpool are too good offensivley and i dont think we have settled defensively
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44995521

Be afraid, very afraid. ;weep ;pray

If Liverpool had not of won 4-1 then they would be in trouble. Almost 1st X1 against almost Development Squad.

Have faith.
  • edited July 2018
    Not sure if this has being mentioned but according to a couple of my friends who are Liverpool fans, Klopp has said only Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold will definitely miss the Liverpool vs West Ham game. Everyone else is expected to be fit to play (barring any injuries)
  • edited July 2018
    Thought this was a decently created trailer to get you excited for the new season (13 days remaining) coyi

• Alex
    I like the signs Arnie made.
    He is saying West Ham United, I love it here!
    ⚒⚒⚒ coyi
  • Missed them so much ;wahoo
  • Got tingles ;wahoo
  • Got tingles ;wahoo

You can get a cream for it now...
  • Pringles? I love Pringles. Oh!

;yercoat
  • Bloomin' hearing aid. ;biggrin
  • edited August 2018
    So think we can safely say the following will start at Anfield:

Adrian/Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena/Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Obiang/Rice - Wilshere
    Yarmolenko/Antonio - Anderson
    Arnautovic

The only question marks are whether he goes with Fabianski or Adrian, Diop or Balbuena, Rice or Obiang & if Yarmolenko does have a knock, it may be Antonio on the right. But think the other 7 are certainties as long as there are no knocks. We'll need Fredericks & Masuaku as the full-backs to match the pace of Salah & Mane. Zabaleta & Cresswell would be roasted in a four.
  • Looking at the players available for the various teams during pre-season, I'd argue that Liverpool away is the hardest game you could start with this season.

They are coasting against Napoli atm, and have Mane, Salah and Firmino all on.

• Yes grey Liverpool seem bang on form, to be honest I fear for us next week ,but who knows ,this is the new West ham after all coyi
  • So what
    We are West Ham
    Anything can. Happen
  • Liverpool’s expected back line is:

Clyne - Gomez - van Dijk - Robertson

Decent, but not unmovable.
This discussion has been closed.