Liverpool v West Ham 13:30 12th August 2018 Match Thread

167891012»

Comments

• adecoker said:

the central midfield are going to have to find a way of not parting like the Red Sea whenever someone runs at them.

I think they'll be on a hiding to nothing against Chelsea if Moses is playing.

Or Man City with Jesus
  • Sundays game was certainly disappointing as I was expecting/looking/hoping/praying that we would have caused them more problems than we did,

It is always difficult to criticize anyone on the evidence of just one game against a quality team, but if we are going to persevere with Rice as DMC, then there is some work still to go, he looked totally lost and in no mans land, it struck me that he was unsure what exactly was expected of him
  • I can't find any record of Pellegrini ever starting with three at the back, not even when he was at Malaga or Villarreal against Real Madrid or Barcelona

Yes but it's become a far more popular formation recently, while he was in China, so hopefully his past tendencies won't mean he doesn't change if he can't get the 4 to work. If you back two or three seasons, I don't think many managers would have much record of using a back 3.
  • Cuz1 said:

adecoker said:

the central midfield are going to have to find a way of not parting like the Red Sea whenever someone runs at them.

I think they'll be on a hiding to nothing against Chelsea if Moses is playing.

Or Man City with Jesus
    Nah. Jesus doesn't cause water to part. He just walks right over it. Guess he won't get sent off for stepping all over Reid, though
  • 5 at the back. 3xCB and 2 wingbacks.

It's just a matter of time. ;wink
  • We have been beaten on the opening day of a PL more than any side, 12 times.
    Pellet has lost to Liverpool more than any other side, 5 times.
  • We can only ask for consistency ;thumbsup
  • When we lost 4-0 this time last year, people were saying it was because the opposition were incredibly strong. This year, apparently West Ham are complete rubbish (I paraphrase & exaggerate here). But I think it was because the opposition were incredibly strong. Next year I fully expect us to be away to Man City.
This discussion has been closed.