Wilshere Official

13»

Comments

• https://www.hammers.news/club-news/report-claims-west-ham-plan-to-keep-wilshere/

1 day ago -
    Football.London claims that West Ham have no interest in moving Jack Wilshere on in the summer, contrary to recent reports.

2 days ago -
    Football Insider suggested yesterday that the Hammers owners may consider buying the 28-year-old out of his current contract with the club.

Pay your money and take your choice.
  • After Andy Carroll you would have thought we would learn a lesson, players like Wiltshire should be signed on a “pay per play” basis
  • DJ I think players like Wilshire should not be signed full stop, anyone with a bad injury record we should n't be looking at . Maybe we should try signing young fit players from the lower leagues instead
  • Why would we buy him out of his contract? Might as well have him if we have to pay his full wages anyway? Unless we pay a settlement amount, which is less than the rest of his contract.
  • DJ I think players like Wilshire should not be signed full stop, anyone with a bad injury record we should n't be looking at . Maybe we should try signing young fit players from the lower leagues instead

Only problem there PLF is that we'll probably break them :weep:
  • What a waste of money and a waste of a career

Peaked at 19

I feel for Jack but also feel a bit miffed we are wasting 100k a week on a player who isn't even mentioned by the gaffer anymore
  • Adam said:

Why would we buy him out of his contract? Might as well have him if we have to pay his full wages anyway? Unless we pay a settlement amount, which is less than the rest of his contract.

I am struggling to see what incentive he has to accept a deal that discounts any monies due under his contract.

We took a gamble that did not pay off, given all the information known at the time, you have to say that it was not our recruitments teams finest hour.

• Jack Wiltshire should do the honourable thing and walk away. If you’re no longer fit to do what you were employed for, then resign. But of course he won’t will he?
  • Is he fit enough to actually walk away?
  • yoyo said:

Is he fit enough to actually walk away?

Well he managed to get there somehow when we signed him.

• edited March 2020
    Here's how.

• In hindsight should have signed Burt quigley
  • Unfortunately he is a walking sick note that needs to be moved on asap you would have thought after Andy Carroll we would have thought twice about making such deals.
  • Yeold,

I really hope he proves all the doubters, genuine as they may be, wrong. :ok:
  • Unfortunately he is a walking sick note that needs to be moved on asap you would have thought after Andy Carroll we would have thought twice about making such deals.

I reckon our physio team is a front for money-laundering. Having at least one layer constantly injured helps with the operation.

The Daily Star quoted David Moyes saying the biggest problem in this summer’s transfer market won’t be signing players but getting rid of them

"moved on asap" might mean either he stays another season or we buy him out (est. £5.2m plus extras)
  • When i saw the headline "wilshere Official" i got excited.
    I thought it was going to say it's official wilshere is leaving. :doh:
  • You sort of deserve it with Wilshere, I mean a three year contract? did he have other clubs willing offer that ? I doubt it. surely it had to be a one year and the second gets activated if a fit for a certain percentage of games and so the third, this way if he is fit his contract is three years if not it can be left by the club at the end of each year he is not. It s better than a pay as you play but not a Christmas gift in the players favour.
  • A handful of comments about transfers moved to the ... you guessed it, transfer thread. :biggrin:
  • Wilshere talks a good game, doesn't he? I hope Moyes is not listening, because the thought of our Jack starting a match terrifies me.
  • Kuching
    He talks the talk but can he walk the walk?......IMO No.
  • He can hobble the hobble though