London Stadium Season 3 (2018/19)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    What is the actual point of knowing?

That's a serious question, actually.

Why do they/we need to know?

Depending on what your purpose is, one way might be better than another....
  • H & S issuers for a start
  • They are counted somewhere, for elf and safety, and can be rooted out, but traditionally, the match-day figures reported reflect tickets sold.

:ok:
  • MrsGrey said:

What is the actual point of knowing?

That's a serious question, actually.

Why do they/we need to know?

Depending on what your purpose is, one way might be better than another....
    We are intrigued
  • Attendance is easy to measure. We have to scan our tickets at the turnstiles, just count that.
  • attendance should be just that and I think tells us something of interest, popularity of the fixture in question if nothing else.

The club can release season ticket sales numbers which is also a useful stat for marketing reasons and general interest but it is a different question in my book

• imagelost said:

H & S issuers for a start

No, its not. The grounds safety certificate is based on capacity not game by game head count / ticket sales.
  • imagelost said:

No, its not. The grounds safety certificate is based on capacity not game by game head count / ticket sales.
    Surely if there was fire in the ground, fire dept would need to know how many in the ground ?
  • That would be very difficult, people leave before the final whistle and you don't swipe out when you leave so how would they keep track of numbers :hmm:
  • imagelost said:

imagelost said:

Surely if there was fire in the ground, fire dept would need to know how many in the ground ?
    Even if there was a fire, the fans aren't all going to be standing around waiting to be counted. It would be the job of fire wardens within the ground to check their own areas to ensure that they are empty.
  • Moojor said:

imagelost said:

imagelost said:

Even if there was a fire, the fans aren't all going to be standing around waiting to be counted. It would be the job of fire wardens within the ground to check their own areas to ensure that they are empty.
    And as they say “ security incident “ !
  • Red herring. They legally have to have an evacuation plan based on a full capacity stadium, if the stadium is less than capacity then they have more than enough staff to conduct a full evac.

I was a H&S Rep for four years at Stratford, West Ham, Canning Town, North Greenwich and Canary Wharf stations. I did loads of station evacs in my five years in stations, its really not that complicated.
  • Is that what the trouble was at Spurs new ground getting a safety certificate? they probably insisted that there was little need for a full evacuation as the stadium would always be partially empty ten minutes before the end of the game. :whistle:
  • I predict that, what with all the new Spanish signings/targets, the next development will be a club and stadium name change to
    Jamón del Oeste Estadio de Londres ;)
  • Beautiful baseball stadium...

• edited June 2019
    I hope they haven't naused our pitch up! :angry:
  • Our poor carpet :weep:
  • You just know it has taken them ages to do that - I recall visiting the Skydome in Toronto back in 1992, they hosted a Football match on Wednesday, the Cure in Concert on Thursday and a Baseball game on Friday.

Was quite incredible how they transformed the stadium to host three very different events on consecutive nights.
  • edited June 2019
    Looks fake
  • Looks fake
  • I spent a very pleasant Sunday afternoon at the baseball at the London Stadium. The change to a baseball arena gave it a quite remarkable feel. Also sitting in a different part of the stadium gave a new perspective. My ST is in the Billy Bonds, block 236 row 54 which is on the half way line. Yesterday I sat in the Sir Trevor Brooking, block 218, row 68, which is the away support area, but in the seats that are currently not sold for football.
    The view for the baseball was fine with home plate in front of the players tunnel but I was surprised how good the view was to what would be the far end of the football pitch.
    Tickets were shown and verified at the security area on the bridges where they even had airport style walk through metal detectors. Once past this point you could walk around the stadium both inside and out. Being able to sit in ones seat with beer in hand enhanced the experience.
    The Yankees beat the Red Sox 12-8 to complete the mini series sweep.

Next years teams have been announced as the Cardinals v the Cubs. Although not cheap I would recommend a visit.
  • I read somewhere that baseball fields are bigger than football pitches. So, the likelihood of a high scoring game in the London Stadium is higher than in US stadiums.
  • They were high scoring games because the pitching was really poor. Of the 50 runs scored 10 were home runs.
  • SSN reporting we are looking to increase capacity to 62,500 meeting local residents tonight before submitting application
  • Would the locals notice 2500 more? :hmm: Not saying we shouldn't consult but....
  • edited July 2019
    Sky reporting it as we want to increase to be the biggest in London now that a Spurs currently are.
  • We have always been a bigger club than Spurs. So why not go the extra 2500.
  • When I went to Huddersfield away they had a useful feature to check your view from your seat when you book your tickets. Does our stadium have such a thing. Any recommendations of areas to aim for when booking?
  • McHammer , I always go for the East stand as it is easiest from Stratford International, No bad views IMO but would try and avoid very high seats and first few rows in top sections because of the gap. I prefer lower section nearer to the action. Also consider impact of people using walkways during play.