London Stadium Season 3 (2018/19)

Comments

• Renewal deadline extended to the end of the month.
  • edited March 2019
    That's good does that help you out Suzerz?
  • Lukerz said:

I

You can come up with a load of plausible reasons for why they may have done this for both the renewal deadline & the price rises, but an open letter, personal letter or statement on the website would have done the job.

Seems like there was no actual reason after all. They just ddn't think about it.

Once it's been pointed out, they moved the date.

Well done the OSB for pointing out the issue in a reasonable way, and the club for going, 'oh, yeah, ok, we'll make it the end of May'
  • Amateurs though
  • Pretty much - the PR dept for sure (it appears).
  • Did anyone else notice that its Saracens v Harlequins at the London Stadium today?
  • Hamstew said:

That's good does that help you out Suzerz?

It would have done yes. But thinking I could not renew made me think about how much I really wanted to and it turned out, not that much.

So I have decided not to renew.

I feel disconnected and feel I have give the stadium and its environs a good 'go'. Yes, the view is great but its like watching people watch football. I'm not 'in and amongst it'. Maybe if I had stuck to me comprobale seat and stayed in the BML I would have felt different.
  • edited April 2019

its like watching people watch football. I'm not 'in and amongst it'

My (admittedly limited) experience of the stadium is just this, but I couldn't quite put my finger on how it felt; 'watching people watching football' is very accurate though.

I've only been a handful of times since the move, but I've been to Fratton Park on occasions in that time, and that has been a much more enjoyable experience, in terms of the atmosphere and general match day experience. I felt a lot more connected to the other fans (and, indeed, the players) than I did at the OS.
  • That is very well put actually. I too couldn't put my finger on it but that suns it up quite well for me also.
  • on the 2 occasions I went to the LS for the cheap FA Cup and League Cup games, Shrewsbury and Spurs, both were pretty useless atmosphere wise compared to the BG even against local rivals.
    But then again the BG after Roeder seemed to have a pretty tragic atmosphere anyway, but at least in the "biggish" / "FA Cup" games it was lively. Cant say the same around the LS on my limited time there.
  • I’m going to start going to watch the women’s team as of next season.

They play at Rush Green on a Sunday and is a lot more convenient for me and him_indoors.

Maybe it will help me re-connect...

I had considered going to watch Charlton, but didn’t want to sink that low :biggrin:
  • I had considered going to watch Charlton, but didn’t want to sink that low :biggrin:

South of the river? Surely not...

• It’s were I live Aslef.

Adjacent to the bad lands.
  • I get what you are saying Suz , Im quite lucky that Im in large group we have 14 season tickets between us so there is still that element of banter and being amongst mates. Last time I gave up my season ticket the next year we finished 5th :lol: I have renewed again I think my wife likes me out from under her feet at weekends !
  • My mate and I have renewed today. We tried to upgrade but have to wait til 1st June. Hopefully We can then.
    At moment we are in row 69. A bit to high for us.
    We've enjoyed our 1st season and have had good banter with people around.
    :scarf:
  • The website seems to be infected with Clownmydia :lol:
  • edited June 2019
    Club announces 94% take up on ST's for next season.

So with 55,000 ST's sold this season that's 51,700 taken up, meaning 3,299 plus Suze who didn't renew.

That's a pretty good result imo. (I don't mean Suze not renewing :biggrin: )

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/may/31-may/thank-you-our-loyal-fans-record-season-ticket-renewals-third
  • That’s a lot higher than I was expecting ,people were saying 8/9k were not renewing a few weeks ago
  • But the club also says that every home game is a sell out...
  • They pretty much are.
  • But the club also says that every home game is a sell out...

If somebody buys a ticket and - for whatever reason - can't attend then the ticket still has been sold.
  • There is a difference between tickets sold and actual attendance, "a sell out" could still mean a lot of empty seats.
  • With nearly 20% of seasons tickets being kids seats there are often empty spaces when they can’t go and people don’t bother to list them .
  • Aslef, are actual attendances reported? It can't be difficult to count the number of people going through the turnstiles can it.
  • They are counted somewhere, for elf and safety, and can be rooted out, but traditionally, the match-day figures reported reflect tickets sold.
  • edited June 2019
    The most extreme example of this for me was few years ago when visiting the Cubs at the end of a really poor season.

I had some mates visiting and the five of us lustily sang Bubbles from our seats and it is no exaggeration to say that literally, no-one heard us.

The boards stated that the attendance was some 32,000 plus yet the stadium was so sparsely populated that the whole experience qualified as just a little bit weird.
  • Used to be attendance
    Has it changed to seats sold?
  • edited June 2019
    If you want to make attendance=bums on seats... do you do it at kick off?

10 mins after kick-off in case trains were delayed and so people who are attending coundn't get through the turnstiles until 2 mins after KO?

Maybe at half-time, since most late-comers will surely have got in by then?

Final whistle - but then again, some people might have sneaked out early?

Whatever method you chose, there is no guarantee it is 100% accurate.

And really, does it matter that much?

What is the actual point of knowing?

Except for the Guess the Attendance game, of course :whistle: