The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• On SSN last night Wiltshire stats for passing, tackling, assists etc were in the top 5 in the PL last season and he was first for some of them so he must have got through the season ok.
  • I think that Wiltshire would be a great signing if he can keep his injury issues in the past. I can see him thriving as our main man and the crowd taking to him for his ability and willingness to get stuck in.
  • If we're signing Mawson, then Rice is going to be our DM.

So assuming today's rumours are true, we're looking at:

Fabianski
    Fredericks Mawson Ogbonna Masuaku
    Rice Obiang
    B Fernandes Wilshere
    Arnautovic Hernandez

Adrian, Cresswell, Diop, Kouyate, E Fernandes, Antonio, Carroll,

None too shabby I suppose
  • I dont really understand buying mawson unless we are selling Reid
  • Old , wheres Noble
  • Noble might make the bench ahead of Edi, but Reid doesn't make my squad. I reckon he's the Andy Carroll of our back line
  • There was talk ( I know )early on in the window that Reidy was one of the group to be shipped out alongside Byram/ Carroll et al. Due to Injury concerns I think.
  • We obviously recall that differently. I thought it went along the lines of 'we'll listen to offers but aren't actively looking to sell'.
  • Nuance ;wink
    We'll listen to offers, and if its the right one we'll sell...
  • So, do you remember it being phrased like that? And the 'we want to offload due to injury concerns' is your own inference? ;hmm
  • edited July 2018
    Discussed elsewhere on many sites - but he is obviously not going to be first choice given the arrival of Diop and Fredericks, the emergence of Rice, and the possible addition of Mawson (or A N Other). We had one of the worst goals conceded records in the league last year - I would not be at all surprised if we let him go. He missed 19 games in 17/18, 5 games in 16/17., and 17 games in 15/16.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/winston-reid/verletzungen/spieler/37526
  • edited July 2018

Discussed elsewhere on many sites

;ok Gotcha, it's an opinion shared by you and many other people elsewhere. No need to look it up/post links. I'll take your word for it.
  • Well this is a speculation thread

Think that counts as speculation ;whistle
  • Zab will no doubt be inmost match day squads
  • edited July 2018
    Mrs Grey
    Please dont be patronising, you should know better than that as a mod.

You've obviously got a computer - look on the other sites for yourself. KUMB is quite good.

• Not even 100% sure that Fredericks is immediately gonna displace Zab

I think he will,but maybe not straight away
  • edited July 2018
    bbb, I'm not intending to be patronising. My apologies if that's how it came across.

To clarify - I asked whether the statement you made was in any way 'official' or was an interpretation.

You said it was an interpretation, but one that lots of other people on other sites were also making.

You answered my question.

I don't need to look at any other sites. Why would I?
  • In othee news.... rumours really heating up about Ronaldo to Juve for £88mil

This is really gonna shake up the window

Have to imagine Real are gonna splash the cash
  • Ex tweeting that we are trying to get the Wilshere medical done this evening. ;cool
  • medical ,oh dear why don't we just take his word that hes fit ;whistle
  • It’ll take weeks for the announcement in that case.

I take it you are not overly thrilled at the prospect of him joining??
  • steve said:

medical ,oh dear why don't we just take his word that hes fit ;whistle

Why would we do that? ;hmm
  • Carroll will not be a happy bunny, that's his treatment room. ;wink

I take it you are not overly thrilled at the prospect of him joining??
    I’m fine with it. I was being sarcastic, Wiltshire has had a number of injuries, it will take the medical staff a long while to clear him....
  • I think for a free he is a decent signing he has played a fair bit the last two season so here’s hoping that he is past his injury problems he could end up being a v good signing
  • He's got (say) 5 years left at the top level. If he wants a shot at trophies and glory,, he needs to get himself into a top team in the next couple of years. To do that, he needs to play well, regularly.

He could come to us, tear up the PL and either help us become a top(ish) team... or move on to such after a couple of years with his reputation all shiny because he's been brilliant for us.

;wahoo ;scarf
  • If we get Wilshere over the line then that’s a huge signing for us......
  • Yes, I'd rather Jack, that Fleetwords Mac ;run ;run ;run ;run
This discussion has been closed.