The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Wonder who will be our starting CB pairing against Liverpool

Diop the big money move, but still young
    Balbuena cheap, but in the prime of his career
    Ogbonna should be assumed to make it onto the first XI
  • edited July 2018
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/13/report-serie-a-side-want-leander-dendoncker-despite-west-ham-and/

Possibly missed a decent acquistion?

Rumours of Bernard & Vasquez signing?
  • i honestly dont get where this money is coming from. Either we have some sales coming up or Gold and Sullivan never felt like spending until they got the manager they wanted...
  • i honestly dont get where this money is coming from. Either we have some sales coming up or Gold and Sullivan never felt like spending until they got the manager they wanted...

May find your answer here, Yeold

claretandhugh.info/hammers-increase-overdraft-to-fund-player-purchases/
  • Carvalho to Betis for £22 million. Less than we were quoted.
  • Like Seri im disappointed if that figure is true and we didnt tr to sign him

But also like Seri if that is the price, and that is the team hes moved to I wonder why a bigger team hasnt gone in for him...and why he hasnt cost more in this inflated market
  • Nobody who saw him playing in the World Cup had a good word to say about him.
  • Maybe Sporting didn’t want to talk to us. We may have been partly to blame for him walking out.
  • But where has this Seri hype come from? Just seems like yet another player who appears in the media, everybody seems to want, yet 6 months ago nobody knew anything about him. We’ll see how he does. There must be a reason he’s at Fulham. Carvahlo I saw a few times for Portugal and never rated him in any of the games so no loss there IMO.
  • Champo, maybe because he comes with a lawsuit attached.
  • Seems like Pelligrini doesn’t want to watch the old tosh we have been served up the last 2 years. He wants to see quality on the pitch.
  • Seri was one of the best players in the french 16/17 league, and was ok this year

MrsGrey, sounds like they agreed a fee with Sporting
  • Pool confirm Shaquri for £13mil

I know many on here werent fond of him but for that price ot couldve been a good move for us

Lets hope Anderson and Yarmolenko live up to the bill
  • Anyone still nervous that Anderson won’t go through?
  • But he did - although the fifth set was a thriller ;hmm
  • 3 hours barracks longer than ac lasts
  • edited July 2018
    No official announcement yet but...

B55A7B09-F9E4-4822-87A6-6FD47DCCB8D8

May find your answer here, Yeold

claretandhugh.info/hammers-increase-overdraft-to-fund-player-purchases/
    I think those rates (1%; 7%) aren’t bad for a revolving loan facility.
  • Is that sir_ian on the right ;nonono
  • Lukerz said:

No official announcement yet but...

B55A7B09-F9E4-4822-87A6-6FD47DCCB8D8

That looks pretty close to me lukerz
  • Is anyone else worried about if Rice will get much game time this season? Unless they play him as a DM I can see him struggling.
  • I am super excited about the sigings rhat are being made....but I am beginning to get a little worried

I think that only a DM should come in, we cant sign TOO many players that arguably should come into the first XI

We saw it the year we bought like 12 new players (16/17 season), also with Everton last year and AC milan who bought an entire new XI of world class players who just couldnt gel and they underperformed
  • edited July 2018
    From Wikipedia
    Bernard Duarte,[4][5] is a Brazilian professional footballer who last played for Shakhtar Donetsk in the Ukrainian Premier League as a winger. A left-sided player, Bernard is known for his pace,energy and love of West Ham United .
    He is also down as a West Ham player on that source with shirt number 69!

I'm never sure how Wikipedia works and how easy it is to insert "fake news" but this could be our Lanzini replacement.
  • On the other hand... How much did we struggle last year....

We've got a month to buy into Pellegrini's style of play. They've sourced players they think will fit into it, so I am happy to trust it'll certainly be better than last season and we may even be lifted up by the teams style of play ;biggrin
  • Hamstew said:

Is anyone else worried about if Rice will get much game time this season? Unless they play him as a DM I can see him struggling.

I'm 100% sure Rice will be a DM.

He'll be the one to sit in front of the back four and has the ability to drop into defence when the full backs are pushing on.
  • MarkN

Pretty much any wiki page can be edited by anyone. Some pages are locked down, but not many.

Volunteer editors check edits, and can restore pages where fake data has been put up.

For me, I rate Wiki as useful, but not authoritative.
  • edited July 2018
    It also says his place of birth was the London Stadium. Which has since changed from Canning Town and then to Barking.
  • Balbuena has tweeted his respects and thanks to Corinthians.

• Maybe someone should tell our media team that Balbuena has signed ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.