The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-announce-jack-wilshere-signing-after-17-years-at-arsenal-a3880591.html

Standard reporting he has signed although there are loads of xxxx in the story , maybe they are getting ready posted by accident nothing on official site yet
  • ;lol Someone at the ES was a bit previous. Like when they accidentally publish a pre-drafted obituary.
  • ;lol

Somebody pressing 'publish' way too early
  • The original page has been taken down. This is the Google cached page:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TLovvYB7PDEJ:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-announce-jack-wilshere-signing-after-17-years-at-arsenal-a3880591.html+&cd=24&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=gr&client=firefox-b-ab

although, they seem to think we start of with a game against Newcastle, so not sure how far they can be trusted...
  • If we get Wilshere over the line then that’s a huge signing for us......

Vestergaard would be one as he is 1.99m! ;biggrin
  • Wilshere will be a top signing.
  • Hope so ;ok
  • Rumours abound that Payet has been offered back to us at more than we sold him for!!
  • Never again imo McHammer
  • edited July 2018
    If Pellegrini goes with his preferred 4-2-2-2 the most likely line up would be....

Fabianski
    Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble (c) Obiang
    Wilshire Lanzini
    Arnautovic Hernandez

With a back up squad of

Adrian
    Zabaletta Rice Reid Masuaku
    Kouyate ??????
    Antonio Fernandes
    Carroll Hugill

Which leaves us with Oxford, Cullen, Burke, Byram, Haksabanovic and Snodgrass. That's a fairly good looking squad to my mind, we'd only need to replace any players we sell.
  • Lanzini is not available for I would guess the bulk of the season
  • McHammer said:

Rumours abound that Payet has been offered back to us at more than we sold him for!!

I’m torn
  • No thanks. He chose to go once so thanks but NO thank you.
  • Why would we buy him back for more than we sold him for. Lol
  • Maybe he has sorted his domestic situation out and will be less of an idiot
  • My initial reaction was yes, but thinking about it, he will certainly be booed in our first game. Do we really need that negativity? Also, he’s 31, we shouldn’t be buying him back for more than we sold him for.
  • Well it would give the club the chance to once again post “look who’s back” on its website
  • If he wanted a TF out of a team that got to a Euro final last year... Why would he pick one that he will no doubt get a hostile reaction from?

Also, does anyone think that he will enhance the dressing room spirit or cause resentment?

I'd be hard pressed to believe he wouldnt go prima donna again,

That said, I'd happily have Ravel back and he'd cost a little bit less than the person we're talking about
  • I'd have him back.
  • Im torn

If Manu wasnt injured for so long i wouldnt even consider it

But the fact is if he joins he probably becomes out best playee again, even better than Arnie

But the way he left, the price it would take, his age, his work ethic and fitness issues sway it to a no from me
  • Wouldn't have either of them back. Payet refused to train or play and Rav was just idle.
  • He gave us the best season for years, was our first or second best signing for years, so payet was great.

Untill....

No professional should refuse to play and he contributed to a decent mng and man going bald...

So not for me.
  • Take him on loan to mitigate the downside risk perhaps
  • West ham fans have a really short memory for players who mess around with the club. Couldn't see any issues with him coming back to play for us...
  • Move on nothing to see here .......
  • Mooj try telling that to Lampard or Defoe
  • I think moojor was being ironic?
  • Personally, I was very upset with the way he left, but I don’t really care now he’s gone. If he came back I would be excited because it’s a player that would make us better. If he cost more then I wouldn’t be too pleased with that, but I think he’s less risk than Anderson at a lower price.
  • Id prefer someone younger

Its not just that hes 31, but if you look at our best attacking players they are all in the same zone age wise

Arnie 29
    Antonio 28
    Carroll 29
    Chicarito 30
    Snodgrass 30

Gonna be a lot of work to refresh that, cant be done over one window so wpuld like to go for someone with a little more longetivity like Anderson (25)

That and hes a snake
  • How did Snodgrass get on that list? ;lol
This discussion has been closed.