World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Comments

• Got away with one there though. Clear push.
  • Not enough to knock him over though.
  • Suze

It wasn't very forceful, but it prevented the defender from jumping.

I think it should have been disallowed.
  • ;ok Grey

Neymar is not having a good game.

Coutenhio is making them tick.

Must be only a matter of time before Brazil score again,
  • This game had re-confirmed just how much I do not want Shaqiri at West Ham.
  • Neymar has quality all around him - why did he not try and release to those around him far quicker instead of trying (and failing) to do it all by himself all game
  • edited June 2018
    Legendary bit of punditry from Slav post-match. Guy is a legend.
  • Neymar, although obviously impressive as a player, did not seem fit. Not fit enough to be his normal self. Not strong or quick enough to evade and cause the usual danger. Assuming he'll get fitter by the game though and, for me, Brazil are still the team to beat.
  • England and other Group G-related bits and bobs moved to their own thread http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10602
  • Sitting in class and watching a BBC stream. Who is that lady in pink? Don't recognise her.
  • You sure you are not watching a news bulletin from North Korea ;wink
  • Captain of Senegal Cheikh Kouyate not in starting 11..... ;hmm
  • The aged Beherami conjured up his past West Ham magic and put Neymar in his pocket. In little bits & pieces. The best performance of this WC so far ;clap
  • Crazy goalkeeper moment ;wahoo
  • We're after the other one, right?
  • edited June 2018
    You don’t see that everyday. Referee waves player on and he runs on and scores.
    Is that referee error?

He should have also booked a Senegal player just before that for a deliberate foul to stop play.
  • Very poor by the ref imo, not strictly against the rules, but he should have chosen a better time to wave the player back onto the pitch.
  • Not sure it was such a bad time to wave the player on. They were in Senegal’s half. How could he’ve predicted such a loose back pass?
  • Captain of Senegal Cheikh Kouyate not in starting 11..... ;hmm

Was a minor fitness issue (according to OS interview) - he hopes to start next match ;ok
  • There's an awful lot of tackling going on in this Portugal v Morocco game. Great fun.
  • And I may add that a lot of the Portuguese tackling is awful. ;lol
  • Just realised that the Morrocan Da Costa is the Manuel we had 2009-11 who had a bit of trouble in an Ilford nightclub. Ironic that he was a Portuguese U23
  • edited June 2018
    Jenas and Kilbane lowering the punditry bar a bit further.
  • Joan Mario looking a bit ordinary
  • Portugal looking very ordinary.
  • Pepe looking very ridiculous.
  • So there were 42 fouls and only two bookings, poor reffing imo.
    Only Fonte and Rui Patricio come out of it with any credit from a Portugal point of view.
    Don't want Carvalho, even on a free, on that performance.
  • Ironherb.

I thought he looked like a slow Yaya Toure if I'm honest.
  • What was I thinking going 3-0 to Uruguay. ;doh
  • Uruguay have been very unimpressive in both their games.