World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Comments

• I don't see France giving Spain or Portugal much of a problem

Fernandez is a joke
  • Feigning head injury ;doh
  • More football ;wahoo
  • Lol less than 10 mins played and Caballero has already goofed.
  • Come on Iceland ;clap ;wahoo
  • edited June 2018
    Aguero being Aguero.

Argies 1 up.
  • Iceland equalise ;wahoo
  • MrsGrey said:

More football ;wahoo

More shenanigans
    ;wahoo
  • edited June 2018
    Argentina
    Miss pen
    ;biggrin
  • edited June 2018
    How is the Pavon incident not referred to var if the Griezmann one was?
  • Up to the the refs I guess,, refs use it when see fit ,,, not other way round,,,, me thinks

Not really.

Refs are informed by VAR officials if they think there is something to look at, and they can rule out offside goals, or goals with fouls in the build up.

The key is 'clear and obvious error'.
  • Forget Fabianski sign up the Icelandic keeper.
  • He caught him and if the Griezmann one was a pen that definitely was
  • edited June 2018

Not really.

Refs are informed by VAR officials if they think there is something to look at, and they can rule out offside goals, or goals with fouls in the build up.

The key is 'clear and obvious error'.

;ok
    Is that when VAR gets it wrong “ another debate “ I guess
  • "Hi Argentina, Finnbogasen here. Lionel Messi ? whose that. Thanks for the game."
  • You would have thought any top class coach would have had the sense to change it up a little rather than playing at walking pace with the ball in central positions, trying to pop small passes to messi in congested areas for the whole 90 minutes.
  • Unfortunately, that's all they've got. Some games it will work but not against Iceland.
  • More football ;wahoo Is anyone else having trouble fitting all their chores into the halftime and between-match gaps?
  • Mrs G it's just you. Peru look good
  • Is Peru's manager Iggy Pop?
  • Dreadful penalty. Pearcesque in quality.
  • VAR worked well. Shame the penalty taker didn't.
  • edited June 2018
    Their coach tho , and I don't mean to offend anyone, but at 1 stage I thought Peru were brave enough to have a female coach.... But each to their own hair style I guess!!.. Penalty disaster, worse since Zaza !
  • I thought players weren't allowed to stop once they'd commenced their run up but he seemed to. Just run up and hit it.
  • edited June 2018
    He wasn’t up to it and his emotions got the better of him - you could see it in his face before he took it. I was certain he would miss, though I thought it would be a schmeichel save
  • i like the Carillo player for Peru looks good
  • You just know when the penalty taker starts running on the spot, the ball is going over the bar.
  • Great result there for the Vikings ;clap Casper, son of Rednose pulled off a couple of great saves. But the Guinea pig eaters couldn’t find a way through.
  • I rate kasper