World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• That Kane goal was a little easier to see than the Eriksen one in the EPL ;whistle
  • Harry scores a hat trick....
  • Kane claims another one ;barrera
  • Kane claims it.
  • I was just thinking this is getting boring we haven’t scored for over 15 minutes ;lol
  • Haha I got in there first ;wahoo
  • Take a bow Harry Kane ;bowdown ;clap

Cool, calm and clinical under pressure.
  • edited June 2018
    Is this the first World Cup hattrick by an English player since Hurst?
  • MrsGrey said:

Kane claims it.

Well he was still on the pitch......just ;lol
  • Is this the first World Cup hattrick by an English player since Hurst?

Think so Munich ;ok
  • The highest world cup win I can rember is 8-0 GERKSA in 2006 - I think. Or maybe 2002.
  • The boy line acre vs Poland (after a quick google)
  • edited June 2018
    Think my commentator said Gary Lineker scored a hatrick in a WC game.
    Otherwise what a scoreline....
    Would have like to see Rashford on but can't complain.....
    Just keep the 6 goal difference and we top group going into Belgium match.
    Oops, now need that 7th goal
  • England’s defence has been pretty ;hmm in both games but perhaps that’s the price to play to see great attacking play at the other end
  • I can see Belgium taking our defence apart, but supposedly Hazard/Lukaku aren’t playing in the final group game. And who knows what our team will be.
  • I've been thinking it's great to score loads of goals but I really think this defence is going to get found out soon especially down the left. Also feel that Sterling doesn't seem good enough. ;hmm
  • So if by some remote chance England win the world cup ,you lot do know that spurs will claim they won it .not sure I could take that for the next 50 odd years ;doh that would make me 110 so I will say for the next 40 years ;whistle
  • Great result and hopefully the confidence it gives will propel them in the last 16 and beyond.

Despite everything, I have to wonder just how Sterling gets the nod ahead of Rashford.
  • I'm just enjoying the moment ;wahoo
    #havenoexpectations
  • Great win for England although punditry from Shearer always spoils it for me, I would rather watch paint dry than listen to him. I suppose I could always turn the volume down.
  • Great interview now with John Stones ,comes across as a nice honest guy ;ok ;scarveng
  • So who has a solid defence?
  • ;hmm
    They were 7th in the Clean Sheet table.

And 6th in the Goals conceded table.

Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea and, surprisingly, Liverpool all have Burnley beat.
  • Very good win, not often we put a game to bed so early, Sterling still did his bit with 2 assists......

Obviously we took our foot off second half, nothing wrong with that
  • same record as Belgium ,what happens if we draw with them who wins the group ;hmm
  • MrsGrey said:

;hmm
    They were 7th in the Clean Sheet table.

And 6th in the Goals conceded table.

Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea and, surprisingly, Liverpool all have Burnley beat.

Yes but burnley’s defence had to face each of Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool twice
  • But Burnley aren't at the World Cup! ;puzzled
  • steve said:

same record as Belgium ,what happens if we draw with them who wins the group ;hmm

Apparently Steve, it goes down to who has the best disciplinary record. At the moment it's England.