World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• edited July 2018

As much as I'd like England to win it, but with three spuds in the team ........... we'd never hear the last of it ;weep

Spuds will only match our achievements if one of them scores a hat trick, another gets a goal and the 3rd is skipper. I think Harry Maguire has been superb in the number 6 shirt, but he’s no bobby Moore. Not yet anyway. And he plays for Leicester.
  • edited July 2018

As much as I'd like England to win it, but with three spuds in the team ........... we'd never hear the last of it ;weep

Rubbish West Ham won World Cup first
  • If England win on Wednesday then they will be the unofficial World Champions (Croatia are currently holders of that title).
  • I had £10 on Croatia to win it at the beginning hope I lose my stake
  • I put my money (and reputation) on Belgium at the start of the tournament- assuming we face them in the final, I am willing to lose both...... ;ok
  • edited July 2018
    I asked on this site yonks back “ could we play Belgium in the final “ the answer was yes, and it could happen
  • Chica believes....

E12A2D32-7BAE-4CFA-9BD9-E7D2AEFE664E
  • I predicted a Belgium/England final ages ago BUT... When I woke up this morning I had a new vibe that France would beat Belgium tomorrow. I dont know if its my psychic powers messing with me or not. I am now very indecisive (if we make it past Croatia of course) as to which one of the two I'd prefer us to play ;hmm
  • Well done Baz ;ok
  • So basically Baz it's France or Belgium v Croatia or England. ;hmm
  • I didnt want to tempt fate by saying England would definitely be in the final (even though we will be). More a last minute hesitancy to believe it will be Belgium from the other side of the draw (which is overrated and just as difficult as out side of the draw ;lol )
  • Spurs are bossing it.... ;nonono

IMG_20180709_204151
  • Yet they still manage to win nothing
  • IronHerb said:

So basically Baz it's France or Belgium v Croatia or England. ;hmm

Fixed it for you
  • I read somewhere that Man City only had something like 3 senior players who didn't go to the World Cup, and one of those was Joe Hart.

I imagine their pre-season dressing room is a bit echoey ;lol
  • When Joe Hart shouts "leave it!!" he'll hear the echo... and leave it
  • MrsGrey said:

I read somewhere that Man City only had something like 3 senior players who didn't go to the World Cup, and one of those was Joe Hart.

I imagine their pre-season dressing room is a bit echoey ;lol

I should imagine it is driving Leroy inSane
  • Have to make up a five a side team with dustbins and bet the dustbins would still score against hart
  • edited July 2018

Ahhh bless him.....
  • edited July 2018
    Nacer Chadli (Belgium) takes the corner, but he overhits it and none of his teammates are able to reach the ball.

Well well

Grrr wrong threaders
  • ;scarveng
  • edited July 2018
    I look st Croatia and think they look better than us on paper especially midfield but then I think England are more than the sum of their parts and Croatia less than the sum of their parts. So maybe going to extra time then :smiley:
  • I look at Kane vs Lovren and I like that.

We need to keep Modric and co quiet in MF, stay together and provoke pandemonium by getting to the final.

I am so missing England! Everyone I am in contact with here barely even know's theres a 'world cup of soccer'!

COYI (come on you Ingerland!)
  • Tell them it's the World Series of Soccer or the Superbowl of Soccer where you really do become world champions. ;ok
  • Slav ;clap
    IMO the best football song ever ;ok
  • Bazshuayi said:

I am so missing England! Everyone I am in contact with here barely even know's theres a 'world cup of soccer'!

COYI (come on you Ingerland!)

Not everyone of course, but there are times when I am simply amazed, I was out with friends from my car club the other night and a couple of them did not realize that the World Cup consisted of national teams.

No hope