2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• No, I’m saying we shouldn’t do that. Which is why I think we’ll play 1 up front this season (my original point).

Having 1 striker (and one Antonio) as backup throughout the season isn’t enough for a 2 up front formation, imo.
  • The Villa Youtube stream is live ;wahoo
  • And working...better than our media stream
  • Excellent picture on Utube
  • We might not see too much of Anderson in the first half because the camera can’t pan all the way down to show the touchline ;lol
  • Shocking defending, but a nice goal from Antonio
  • Antonio scores, we can’t sell him now!!
  • And thats why you dont sell Antonio

Lacks finesse, but a 70 yard run, getting a little lucky but bulldozing his way through 3 different challenges to score a fantastic goal
  • Nice work by Anderson eventually ends up with a tame shot by Antonio.
  • Like watching Wilshere play, not doing anything too spectacular but keeping it simple he seems to just glide around the pitch
  • Antonio is the most under appreciated player to ever play for us.
  • Free kick in a dangerous position as Arnie is brought down
  • edited July 2018
    Arnie takes it himself despite the presence of Anderson, but straight into the wall.
  • Nice to see Anderson doing his defensive work ,has won the ball back a couple times now
  • edited July 2018
    Arnie, 2-0. Nice work down our left, Anderson to Masuaku, good pull back by Masuaku and Arnie slotted nicely.
  • Very good goal

Great ball from Anderson to Masauku who has pace to burn and a good ball for Arnie to finish
  • Our passing seems to have improved.

• Lacks finesse, but a 70 yard run, getting a little lucky but bulldozing his way through 3 different challenges to score a fantastic goal

The goal somewhat reminded me of Maradonna in 86. Only Antonio was a tank where Maradonna was a ballet dancer.
  • Rice is doing exactly what we want from a DM...his positioning is brilliant for someone so young

• This was fun, a little glimpse of the ammunition we have this season...
  • Like the look of Balbuena so far
  • Adrian passing out from the back also seems to be on point...
  • Balbuena and Rice looking very good. Anderson has had his moments too but needs to get more involved.

Very encouraging performance that.
  • Agree re Balbeuna, Villa haven't offered much but he looks very solid

Very happy with that half

The balance of the team looks very good

Antonio is always going to be unorthodox but he's effective at what he does

Anderson has shown some glimpses of quality...some very nice through balls, plus has done some tracking back too

Our left hand side still looks vulnerable, too easy to get between Masuaku and Ogbonna

Midfield trio doing well, even if we do lack a little bit of athleticism
  • Overall a nice performance so far, however, and I know it's only pre-season, but given they start a week before us, Villa have looked shockingly poor, so it's kinda hard to get much perspective on our performance (unless we really are that good ;lol )
  • The silence is creepy!!
  • Apparently WH are steaming it too.

But I think I'll stick with this one...
  • Missed the announcement but it looks like

Adrian
    Zab Diop Oggy Masuaku
    Noble Obiang Wilshere
    Snodgrass Arnie Sead
  • Oops Snodgrass is in the right...

He won't be happy...
  • 4 half time changes I think, Rice, Rocky, Antonio and Anderson off, Obiang, Haksabanovic, Diop and Snodgrass on
This discussion has been closed.