Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• If England win tonight maybe the BBC will show Wycombe game instead of 3rd place play off ;hmm
    Cuz1grey_til_I_dyeMrsGrey
  • Ahem. When England win tonight.......
    Cuz1MarkNobleLocalHero
  • edited July 12
    My rumour source ref Carroll still being fit way out never use them again
  • Reid (knee) and Carroll (ankle) will both be out for at least three months after surgery according to the BBC
  • 3pm tomorrow (UK time), v Wycombe Wanderers. Showing on the club's YouTube channel... which they said last time then showed it on FB Live.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/july/13-july/wycombe-wanderers-v-west-ham-united-all-you-need-know

• I'm in blackpool when we play Preston. Can u phone in sick to ur own family?
  • Hopefully we can see Yarmolenko and Arnie on the pitch at the same time

No news on whether Antonio is fit enough to feature and get some minutes....think im hoping he does enough to impress Pellegrini to keep him around
    Cuz1
  • We need as many of the new signings on the pitch together as possible as pre-season goes on. I understand this is currently about fitness (Manuel suggested some players will be playing 60 mins today), but given our starting XI at Anfield could realistically have up to 7 new players in it, it's going to take a fair while for the side to gel (you'd think).
  • edited July 14
    Interestingly in our first game, he went with Zabaleta - Rice - Oxford - Masuaku first half & Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Byram (who we assume would've been Cresswell but for his slight knock). Almost looks like the first half team was his second choice back line of the players available & his second was his preferred back four.
  • I lnow they are professionals and have to do their job....but surely they couldve changed the time of the game so it wouldnt clash with England

Cant imagine anyone will be at the ground

• No news on whether Antonio is fit enough to feature and get some minutes....think im hoping he does enough to impress Pellegrini to keep him around

That injury update thing earlier in the week said he was now taking part in full training with the squad, so I'd have thought he would be OK for some minutes. Maybe he'll get the odd 30 after someone else comes off today.
  • No Fredericks ;hmm
  • Snodgrass stars...

The rumours may be true...
  • Is that all of Coventry? Needs to be a BIIIIG bench.
    grey_til_I_dyeMrsGreyMunichHammerKuchinghammer
  • Snodgrass stars...

The rumours may be true...

Pitching him to the League One scouts
  • Cressers still out with his minor injury, looks like.
  • Surprised Neuville isnt on the bench

Heard hes highly rated by the club
  • Well, at least a lot of the kids are going to get a decent run out and a chance to shine.
  • True

Feel Holland could push himself into the picture (especially if Snodgras and Antonio leave)

Looks like a 4-3-3 which is what I feel we will be lining up with agaisnt Liverpool
  • No Fredericks ;hmm

'sore ankle' says the OS
  • Wonder if he caught that from Carroll ;hmm
    Cuz1
  • Live here: (but stream frozen...)
    MrsGrey
  • Yea its not working....

England it is
  • Arnie ;wahoo

1-0 West Ham
  • Back in the goals

Stream is awful but apparently Yarmolenko has looked very lively
  • Englamd are not working, either
  • Rice replaced Noble second half in a DM role ;hmm
    Adam
  • Won 0-1. Arnie scored a typically Arnie goal. Shrugged off the defender & smashed it home on the angle.
  • edited July 14
    Sam Inkersole reporting that Arnie left the field with ice & strapping round his thigh.

Well wouldn't be pre-seaoson without the usual injury to a key player.

So few knocks to Fredericks, Cresswell & Arnie, added to the injuries to Reid, Lanzini & Carroll.