New kit launched

Comments

• Grey, sometimes things just look so wrong. Still not as bad as the Spuds training kit though. ;biggrin
  • What's with wearing the socks pulled up above the knee these days, everybody's doing it? ;hmm

And the shorts tucked up...
  • What's with wearing the socks pulled up above the knee these days, everybody's doing it? ;hmm

I'm not! and will kick anyone I see on any football pitch I play on even if they are on my team. Same category as silly hair, gloves, snoods, diving, illuminous boots.

• When someone as non fashion-conscious as I am can look at that and think 'those socks don't go', you have to ask what those involved in the decision were thinking.

ACDA6082-C023-4BE5-B866-07B7B2E12702
  • Sorry lord grey
  • Sopose it stop chaffing knees up, I know mine plays havoc with my nylons ;lol
  • edited July 2018
    Dee according to the OS the third kit is actually light grey shirt and shorts so that's how they're supposed to look.
  • I like the kit
  • Inspired by this little number, according to the OS

98edf4f5b9cb7fc2be0735def264dad4

Got to love a good 90s kit
  • edited July 2018
    Should they have been inspired or disgusted? ;hmm

You can’t even read the writing below ‘BAC’ ;lol
  • Flappy collar ;wahoo
  • Ham will be along soon. He loves a good flappy collar.

If I remember correctly, the collar had poppers that didn't actually have anything to 'pop' to ;lol
  • Did you miss this, from earlier? ;lol
    Hamstew said:

I like the kit

• I mean! Horrible nasty flappy collars ;angry
  • If still got one. I remember the poppers but think they did have popper receivers too. Will try and find it
  • Popper receivers ;lol
  • I stand corrected. I was thinking of these popped receivers

20180724_214516
  • Not a girls medium

20180726_175920
  • McHammer said:

Not a girls medium

20180726_175920

He needs a beeb
  • Anyone seen these "Under 18 kits"? Not quite a kids medium - the size charts say they're the same as the adult sizes (just don't go so high) but don't have the sponsor on them!
  • I hadn’t spotted them but you’re right. They are the same price as the adult version and go up to XL but without the sponsor. I might have bought one had I seen them before I got my adult home and away shirts!
  • I too might have bought one, back in the day of actually fitting an XL. ;weep
  • Umbro have been confirmed as kit manufacturer for the next four years.

Mixed reception on social media, to say the least.
  • Hmm. Not sure what to make if that. Whilst it doesn't really bother me as I don't buy shirts and the kits have been ok. My kids like buying the training stuff etc and my eldest is keen to wear stuff that is made by Adidas and Nike and probably wouldn't be seen dead in Umbro stuff lol.
  • Not kit but decent. Bit pricey and an odd choice of some names
  • Apparently our new kit could look something like this
  • Would be pretty happy if it does look like the above
  • And from what I've read the away kit will be based on the 1980 FA Cup final shirt.
  • Ex says he's seen the kits and will describe them on his podcast tonight. Phoenix FM, 7pm if anyone's interested.