Pellegrini Confirmed as West Ham Manager (22.05.18) - already (September) there are doubters

Comments

• we need a good old fashioned CF as well
  • edited September 2018
    I think Pellegrini is a man of dignity, but I don’t think he is the winner he’s built up to be.
  • We may have all the new players that need integrating and a new way of playing but the gripe of most people on here is the complete lack of effort and intensity shown in most games and most noticeably yesterday. All professionals should give 100% effort every game and our players were guilty of strolling around and when moving into any kind of run it was basically jogging. There were one or two exceptions.
  • The irony of cresswells interview saying we need to do better when his 'attempt' at tripping traore instead of busting a gut trying to get back was the exact reason why we lost...No effort

Sick of hearing we need to do better after a loss then see no extra effort on the pitch next time we play

Absolutely sick of it
  • Genuine question. How many games do you give him ?

I do realise its early days but Crystal Palace sacked De Boer after 77 days and they needed a miracle from Hodgson to keep them up.

Do we just stick with Pellegrini if he goes 8 games 8 losses ?
  • I reckon another six games. Nil Pois and rooted to the foot of the table and we can welcome back Moyes. I wanted Moyes as first choice when Bilic was a dead man walking and definitely think Moyes did enough to warrant the supposed two year "reward" for keeping us up. I was MOYES IN and still am. However, when I found out that our new manager was to be Pellegrini I did get caught up in the razzle dazzle, that plus our "World class" signings and I was sold hook, line and sinker. A World class manager in a World class stadium with World class players. What`s (razzle) not to like (dazzle). Still determined to enjoy this season, pretty easy really, used to get the right hump when we lost, can barely raise a shrug now. Liverpool are easy on the eye. ;scarf
  • Stick with Pellegrini. There is no point in asking him to change our style, invest heavily in the personnel he believe he needs and the giving up after a few matches.

Give him the season and support the team.

Success or failure will be defined by how the 2nd half of the season goes, not now.

I still live in hope, but like many we have been here before - we must give Pellegrini time.
  • In my opinion, we need to give him a couple of years, I am so sick and tired of the desire for instant results.
    I personally don't care about this season and quite possibly the next. Of course I don't want to see us relegated but more than anything I want us to develop our own style and way of play.
    You don't get that by changing manager ever couple of years, there is no consistency.
    Stick with him, lets see where we can be in a couple of seasons.
  • For me it’s time for us all to stay strong and believe, the board have decided to go with pelle and backed him for a reason and need to continue to do so, apart from Liverpool where we were given a masterclass we have had chances to have won the others, three or four points taken and things would be so different
  • Moojor, I would normally tend to agree with you, however, we have just had two depressing non event seasons and the thought of two more is pretty hard to take. Pellegrini should be given time, but if after ten games we remain rooted to the foot of the table what should we do? I don`t care either way about relegation personally, I just want to see us compete, we played some lovely stuff against Wimbledon, but stick a half decent premier league team in front of us and we seem clueless. Pellegrini must have something about him, and he seems a decent chap, but so far I would say we have gone backwards, if after ten games we show no improvement we have two choices, grit our teeth or get rid. I`m really confused.
  • Moojor, I would normally tend to agree with you, however, we have just had two depressing non event seasons and the thought of two more is pretty hard to take. Pellegrini should be given time, but if after ten games we remain rooted to the foot of the table what should we do? I don`t care either way about relegation personally, I just want to see us compete, we played some lovely stuff against Wimbledon, but stick a half decent premier league team in front of us and we seem clueless. Pellegrini must have something about him, and he seems a decent chap, but so far I would say we have gone backwards, if after ten games we show no improvement we have two choices, grit our teeth or get rid. I`m really confused.

We have to grit our teeth. 10 games isn't enough time for a style to develop. Regardless of how much preseason you get, no of that really prepares the team for PL opposition.
    At least the first half of this season is going to be the team working out how to play against other teams which most likely already know how each other play and how to work things between them.
    We don't have that yet and it will take time to sort itself out.
  • Our saving grace is that there are at least 4 other teams as clueless as us, we just need to finish above 3 of them
  • Persuaded. Give him time, a full season should show us where we are at. Still think we should have kept Moyes though. ;champagne
  • I like to view this 'starting over' with new manager/players all a bit like planting a new tree.
    With a bit of patience (from us the fans) and watering/feeding (application and understanding from the players and staff) we will see the tree grow. Only once the tree starts to grow we will see fruit appear.
    If one of those two things does not happen then the fruit won't appear.

Stick with it people - we'll be alright ;biggrin
  • It’s hard to take but the only way we’re going to break the pattern of depressing seasons is probably with a risk like sticking with what we have. Drop Pellegrini and the likelihood is we’ll have the same issue with the next manager.

We might get someone with Bilic who had an immediate impact based on his energy (and a very special player)but was lost when that energy was sapped.

Really hope this weekend was a horrible blip in the progress shown over previous games and that the international break allows him to sort it out.
  • After this weekends performance, we are away to Everton, and then we are
    at home to Chelsea, and then followed by Man Utd.
    I can't see us getting anything from those matches if we carry on playing as we have been.
  • I remember the good old days when new managers were almost expected to go down with a team, only to come back with a new squad of their moulding two years later!
    The changes from pre-Pellegrini to post Pellegrini were always going to require matter of months, rather than games. Added to this the fixtures for the first two months, and I fully expect us to be on 10 or 12 points after 10 games, only to move steadily up after that. If we're not, I'll cancel my account here, which will be a nice silver lining!
  • Bottom line is fans generally support the team if they can see the effort they will give Pellegrini some time but people pay a lot of money to go and watch the team and want to be entertained as well I want to the first eleven settle down without loads of changes every week . If I can see the team moving in the right direction after ten games I will feel better but if after ten then I then we will be in for one ugly season . I am not convinced the players have bought into what Pellegrini wants yet and I hope that changes soon
  • Theres just no effort or workrate and that has to be down to the manager .
  • No, effort and workrate are down to the players imo.
  • I want to support Pelle but struggle to understand how he has got time to go back to Chile if the report in the Telegraph is true.
  • If that's true and a few sites are saying it then I am disgusted ,what kind of message is that sending the players .even if it was pre planed that's no excuse .after all xmas partys are cancelled sometimes if a team is playing badly.its like saying okay lads see you in a couple of weeks try to work something out if not I will have a day before Everton to sort out the mess I got us into
  • edited September 2018
    Surely his coaches are more than capable of getting his point across if as you say it was pre- planned just another stick to beat him with
  • And the mess he got us into, and here’s me thinking we were United
  • No he cant when he makes stupid mistakes like going home ,when the walls are closing in around you
  • edited September 2018
    Does it say why he’s actually gone home as I haven’t read the article, and walls closing in bit dramatic after four games imo
  • Dramatic is my middle name ;biggrin
  • I think hes gone and it does say back by the end of the week
  • its in the telegraph ,and a few west ham sites have picked up on it
  • Bit harsh then really if he’s actually back end of the week and could be personal or family stuff to sort so could hardly do anything until the international break, comes back cheeky three points at Everton and up and running simples we are West Ham
This discussion has been closed.