Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Speculation, Gossip and Made Up Rumours (approx 1 confirmed transfer every 200 pages)

Comments

• Not sure if that tweet does any good

Can't we have a statement of sorts form either the board or collins themselves, so many different people in the know reporting different stories it seems every hour
  • If Collins wants a new contract, he’s not going to confirm anything that goes against the board
  • Not the contract being confirmed etc but the business about whether it was conversed in person or by email
  • WHU basically there has been a statement of sorts by the club, to C&H, Sully is their feed. It’s looking more like they’ve tried to cover it up by saying there was a discussion the Friday before the EFC game when according to Collins there wasn’t.

That is probably the source that the bbc picked up on in their story.
  • Gabbidon has now changed his stance on the Collins situation with this tweet when someone tagged him and said that he said it wasn’t true, whereas Etherington said it was......

“Yes it is true. When I spoke to James he portrayed the situation in a slightly different way. I think he did that because he’s obviously very disappointed with the situation, feels let down and his loyalty to the Club hugely unappreciated... but this is the situation yes.”
  • New owners please
    BertQuigley
  • A reliable (apparently) journalist on Twitter is claiming Yaya Toure is almost done deal following the appointment of Pellegrini. ;hmm

Another has been or a good signing?
  • Allegedly - Pellegrini is ready to put pen to paper only after doing some due diligence....
    :
    From the Telegraph today-

The 64-year-old is due to fly into London for talks with co-owner David Sullivan. The Chilean will ­inspect the London Stadium and West Ham’s training facilities ­before discussing personal terms.

;doh
  • If thats the case then lets hope someone at the Club has notified E20 that we want access. You can imagine the coverage now......
  • I dont want Toure personally

He is brilliant on the ball granted, but hes so lethargic now in a team that is already pretty slow in comparison to other teams

We need more energy in the side, not less

His wages are too big for him to be a bit part player also
    billybondsbeardOldCastleSwiftsweepy23alderzDodger58
  • no to Yaya Toure....
  • Lukerz said:

A reliable (apparently) journalist on Twitter is claiming Yaya Toure is almost done deal following the appointment of Pellegrini. ;hmm

Another has been or a good signing?

;fence

If we sign a Carvalho or a Dendoncker as well, then I wouldn't mind him signing, but if he were to be the only midfield re-inforcement then I won't be happy.

It's this short-termism that I don't like; Hart, Zaba, Toure. All great in their prime but all on the decline. I'd rather we signed players that were either in their prime or, preferably, good players in their early-mid 20s that can be the backbone of our team for 4-5 years.

Toure could still do a job, but we'll find ourselves in the same situation in 12 months time when he needs replacing. Just doesn't seem to be a strategic transfer policy in place at all.
    alderzSlaven_Cups_His_BeardThamesIronWorks
  • "they wont be old journeymen, they will be younger players".....
    Slaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • If Yaya Toure comes in at the expense of losing James Collins there should be one hell of a protest.
  • Toure would make Noble look faster
  • Toure doesn't plat CB.
  • He doesn't play fullstop.
  • It's been reported that the Sporting Lisbon players may up and leave without any fees being paid due to them be attacked by fans, not sure whose but I think their own, at the training ground last week.

Carvalho on a free looks good. ;biggrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44142885
  • Lukerz said:

A reliable (apparently) journalist on Twitter is claiming Yaya Toure ?

Who, Luke?
  • IronHerb said:

It's been reported that the Sporting Lisbon players may up and leave without any fees being paid due to them be attacked by fans, not sure whose but I think their own, at the training ground last week.

Carvalho on a free looks good. ;biggrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44142885

;pray
  • Only thing in the back of my mind is how come if carvalho is that good were the only club being linked with him as for toure please no was a good player and can still pass a ball but for me that’s not enough and not what we need
  • Also is Toure a good person to have in the camp? Honestly I have no idea but if I remember there was some story about him throwing his toys out of the pram when the club didn’t get him a birthday cake
  • edited May 21
    MrsGrey said:

Lukerz said:

A reliable (apparently) journalist on Twitter is claiming Yaya Toure ?

Who, Luke?
    Is it this? https://twitter.com/MHChehade

imagechehade

(VAVEL is a website that combines a social media platform with 'news reports'. it is staffed largely by university students.)
  • 5B0E5462-7BAD-4593-A173-18076F76469A

Sorry MrsG. I thought I inserted the link under the first line of my comment earlier.
  • You just know Lanzini is going to be sold with Yaya Toure coming into the fold ;lol
  • edited May 21
    ;ok

No worries, Luke - it was the one I found when I googled.

Personally, I don't credit it. I'm filing it under 'made up' ;biggrin .

• Think u will find i was the first reliable source for Yaya...
  • Pellegrini for me would be a great appoint good experience and been around the workings of some top top clubs.
    I also do not expect the wholesale clearence some expect this summer i feel he has the basis of a decent squad here.
    If we were to ove on five or six and replace them with five at a good age and the yaya that would also be very good business.
    Its not unusual for new managers to bring in a trusted lieutenant
    Cuz1WHU_Champo_league_in_7_years
This discussion has been closed.