Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Speculation, Gossip and Made Up Rumours (approx 1 confirmed transfer every 200 pages)

Comments

• Just because WE are not aware of a new manager having been appointed doesn't mean there isn't one. Maybe it's just formalities but he has already said he doesn't want to give Ginge a new contract.
  • edited May 19
    It's possible the club have a policy aimed at bringing down the overall age of the squad....
  • Re testimonial you to do 10 consecutive years to qualify I think another problem now is would we have to hire the stadium to do it as well
  • Mrs Grey, I guess that's why Evra was a short fix.
  • edited May 19
    ASLEF

It's a PL regulation:
    The Hammers are obliged to inform the Premier League of their retained list, which details those players to be kept at the club for another season, by the third Saturday of May.
    All clubs will have had to do it by today.

As it stands, the club have not offered Ginge a new contract, so he is a free agent.

As to showing how bad things are, I think the reactions show how bad many people have become at using discernment when presented with information.

Gabbs went on to the TalkSpite twitter account to deny it.

If Gabbs says it isn't true, then I am happy to believe him, given what a close friend of Ginge he is.

Adamalderz
  • ExWHU is still taking the stance that the club have done something wrong.

If the PL list, face to face were done then I can’t see what the problem was, they’ve left it open for the new manager to change it

If they did deliver just by email and no explanation or even a discussion after all this time then they deserve all the flack they get

Imo
  • I think ginge knew by his reaction against Everton and the fact Moyes brought him on
  • Had it on very good authority that Gabbidon didn’t know the full story, and the original tweet by Bingham is closer to the truth, Sullivan has also fed C&H their version in order to spin the situation, looks like first assumptions may of been right
  • I’m going to carry on believing Gabbidon, who probably had it from his very good friend, James Collins.
    alderzMrsGreyMarkNobleLocalHeroBertQuigley
  • edited May 19

Had it on very good authority that Gabbidon didn’t know the full story,

I can't quite see what 'the full story' might entail.

Either the written confirmation followed a conversation, or the written communication was the first he heard of it.

It's not complicated?

the original tweet by Bingham is closer to the truth

He (she?) made a statement of fact. So it's either true or not true.

If it is only 'close to the truth'... it's not true, is it?

Sounds more like someone doesn't want to acknowledge that they got it wrong.
  • So it’s not just Gabbidon who doesn’t know better than this anonymous Twitter account, but also Collins himself? Are you serious?

Am I misunderstanding?
    alderzThamesIronWorks
  • edited May 19
    Firstly - its not some anonymous account - the guy has his own website, and its been going for years.
    He allegedly speaks a lot to Ginge, and is adamant that he was not told verbally b4 receiving the email and letter.
    The reason I am inclined to believe his account is that he is often denigrated as a board 'plant' ( take a look at KUMB !), and it is totally out of character for him to disagree with the club PR.

Just saying
    Slaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • The guy that BBB shows the tweet for has had messages with Collins and Gabbidon today. He doesn’t know what Gabbidon “was playing at”

He’s often accused of being “pro board” today he’s received flack for going against them from some people.

I’ve had personal messages with him today, the board didn’t speak to Collins before the email, he’d been trying to get their attention for months about his situation with no luck, there are doubts whether anyone spoke to him after the email, instead Sully has fed C&H a story to dampen it down

Yes there were problems over the timing and the PL list etc, but this could’ve been handled so much better really

I know who I believe....

;ok
  • So it’s not just Gabbidon who doesn’t know better than this anonymous Twitter account, but also Collins himself? Are you serious?

Am I misunderstanding?

Yes possibly.....Gabbidon didn’t know the full story when he replied to the reporters tweet
  • MrsGrey said:

Had it on very good authority that Gabbidon didn’t know the full story,

I can't quite see what 'the full story' might entail.

Either the written confirmation followed a conversation, or the written communication was the first he heard of it.

It's not complicated?

the original tweet by Bingham is closer to the truth

He (she?) made a statement of fact. So it's either true or not true.

If it is only 'close to the truth'... it's not true, is it?

Sounds more like someone doesn't want to acknowledge that they got it wrong.
    Who, Bingham?

From what I’ve been told in the last hour she’s got it right

;ok
  • Me too.

So unless Gabbs comes out and says he got it wrong, or Collins comes out and says what happens, I'm with Gabbs.
  • I’m going to carry on believing Gabbidon, who probably had it from his very good friend, James Collins.

I doubt we’d ever get to the bottom of it, but I’d say you’ve gone to the wrong side ;biggrin

I doubt we’d ever get to the bottom of it, but I’d say you’ve gone to the wrong side ;biggrin
    What are you talking about? I've gone to the wrong side because I believe Gabbidon, who is good friends with James Collins, over some randomer on Twitter who is legitimate because he 'has his own website' (wow).

Don't expect me or anybody else to believe some messages you've apparently had with somebody else who hates the board and who also obviously wants to vilify them every second of the day, either when there is no evidence (bad enough) for what the board/club have apparently done, or when there is directly contravening evidence from a former player and good friend of the player in question (worse still).

What does it add to this forum to keep propagating unsubstantiated conspiracy theories against the board? It doesn't open up a discussion because it's all things you've heard or seen elsewhere, things you won't prove or corroborate, so nobody can even discuss it.

All we end up doing is saying 'If this really out of order thing was done then it was really out of order', and then other people have to come back and say 'But did it actually happen?' and we go in a pointless, dull circle.

It's boring and it's ruined this forum for me. I loved this club because I loved the crowd when I first went as a kid. Now I think we have the worse fanbase in the country, both in the stadium, on social media and even on forums like this, which used to be a great, family place to be, but is now home to people who's main intent seems to be to perpetuate the fractious atmosphere and negativity dividing the whole club.

Don't bother replying, because I won't read it. I'm done.
    carsonroadboyBertQuigley
  • I’ll reply if I want to, whether you read it or not, why should I just let you have a rant about ME and not defend myself?

You believ Danny Gabbidon, that’s fine nobody said you couldn’t did they? I actually didn’t believe Bigham at first, because there were conflicting reports which seemed justified.

Messages I’ve “apparently had”, so you’ve got nothing except a public tweet, I’ve got messages from a source very close to Collins, but you’re having a bit of a pop at me? How does that work exactly?

Who else hates the board? ExWhu? Completely the opposite Jorderz he gets flack because most believe that he’s a board stooge, so I’m not sure where you’re going with that bit? Also I said earlier if they didn’t do what was alleged I’d say so, I’ll alway call out the positives when they happen, trouble is they’ve made more mistakes than anyone cares to mention.

Who said nobody could discuss it? Think you’re mixing that up with disagreeing or having a different opinion?

Sorry you feel that way and this forum has contributed to that, bottom line for me, the club have been a PR mess pretty much since day 1 and let’s face it they’ve got plenty of history on this front. Also this forum has been a discussion place since day 1, disagreements and opinions.

You’ve got an opinion, it’s fine, I’ve got one based on some info that has been shared with me by someone who is close to what has happened etc

;ok
    CleverTrevorswhtsbillybondsbeardIronHerb
  • Can I just add, even if I did share screen shots of what I was told, on here then it wouldn’t make any different to anyone’s opinion they’d still side with that they felt. All it would do is confirm I was told something by someone that was supposed to be close to all this stuff

;ok
  • The club aka the team I've supported all my life should have woke up and smell the roses......
    Another year contract and ambassador role would have really
    Hurt the budget ... I don't think......
    For Pete's sake make a feel good stance for a change.........all
    IMO
  • edited May 20
    Jorderz said :
    "Don't expect me or anybody else to believe some messages you've apparently had with somebody else who hates the board and who also obviously wants to vilify them every second of the day, "

Jorderz - have you ever read EX WHU's column/Website/Tweets ?
    It appears not.
    He is one of the most 'pro board' contributors on social media, with very good contacts at the club. He even gets to tweet team news on match days (much to every body' disgust).

Take a look for yourself.
  • West Ham drama
  • In all honesty, I don’t agree with the drama about him not getting an extension. He is normally the 4th choice CB, 3rd at best, and the day will come at some point when he will say farewell to us. Whether now, in a year, 2 years or whatever. He also isn’t exactly always available to contribute, and given he is never first choice, picks up a hell of a lot of injuries.

But there are ways to go about doing things and I hope this was done correctly. If he has been released, I wish him all the best and thanks Ginge for all your efforts.
    Dodger58
  • This article suggests we had to put him on the release list but could still get back in touch and re sign him if new manager wants to.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/james-collins-the-truth/

Again if the new boss knew this and wanted to sway favour...
  • Signing on Collins to another year would've recieved positive press from the fans....dunno how the board couldn't see that

Now they have to deal with the fallout

Like Luke says from a purely footballing standpoint Collins isn't a first teamer anymore nor injury free or young, but you can only imagine his wages are on the low side and he's a great leader and fan favorite...the deal isn't a huge commitment and it has seem to gone about as wrong as it possibly could
  • ;hmm

So we want the board (AKA Sully) away from transfer dealings .... but if a new manager comes in and doesn't want the player, we want the board to overrule him?

We can't have it both ways.

McHammerMunichHammer
  • While I agree Grey this couldve been wrapped up weeks ago

Maybe pellegrini (or whoever) doesnt want him but we dont know that as we dont have a ful ltime manager

As i said the inplications are tiny, small wages, fantastic pro, wants to be here, club leader and we have enough free spots in the squad to add a few more and keep Collins

Plus the actual contract renewals is ofren the responsibility of the board
This discussion has been closed.