Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Speculation, Gossip and Made Up Rumours (approx 1 confirmed transfer every 200 pages)

1363738394042»

Comments

• From this:
    thewesthamway.co.uk/2018/06/24/exwhuemployee-exclusive-transfer-column-anderson-seri-others-discussed/

"In terms of midfielders on loan apparently we have spoken to Chelsea too with the hope to take one of Loftus-Cheek, Drinkwater or Barkley on loan"

I think we can confidently assume that Loftus-Cheek won't be coming here.
  • Which makes me wonder why we're still bothering.

My concern is we're stalling other deals in the hope this one goes through. Dangerous game to play. I guess I'm still scarred by the Bacca saga ;biggrin

Baca was different though. There were no issues with the fee part, but he didn’t want to come to us.
  • Loftus-Cheek went to Palace so why not us? ;hmm
    Cuz1
  • edited June 25
    Herb, that was before the World Cup.
    Did you not hear Frank Lampard's comments about him yesterday?
    It would be like sending Declan Rice out on loan next season.
  • Anyway, he had a good 10 minutes against a tiring Tunisia and was pretty invisible yesterday imo so not someone I would be rushing after.
    LukerzSlojo
  • Herb, it's all about potential ;wink
  • Barkley on a season-long loan makes perfect sense, IMO. Lanzini needs cover, he's English, he's more than decent enough and will have something to prove.

Throw in an option-to-buy and we're laughing.
    LukerzbillybondsbeardMrsGreySlaven_Cups_His_BeardHammerwombatBertQuigley
  • Loftus-Cheek is very raw, albeit clearly talented. As Herb said, an ok burst for 10 mins against a tiring Tunisia is hardly justification to sign him. He was anonymous yesterday & wasn't a world-beater at Palace. Drinkwater & Barkley would be good signings if we could get one or both of those. ;ok
    billybondsbeardCuz1Hammerwombat
  • Drinkwater would be excellent, a DM who can deliver a telling long pass, and he works hard for the team. I just don't like Barkley, his attitude reminds me of 'I'm entitled' Ravel M. Loftus-Cheek, maybe but I agree with Lukerz there.
    chicagohammer
  • I sometimes don’t agree with lukerz but he’s made a good call imo on his last post ;ok
  • We ask for Lukaku they offer Rav! Just a rumour but this is top negotiating if true.
  • I'm closing this thread down as there are 42 pages and 1,200 comments.

New thread can be found here
This discussion has been closed.