The Moyes Ex-club Club; Part One. Man U (H) Thurs 10th May 2018 7:45pm ko Sky Sports

Comments

• I hate to say it but Lanzini has been pretty shocking today. The rest of our team have played pretty well (not much more than that however).
  • Fairly dull game, but held our own.
  • As we don't win two on the bounce or even two home games on the bounce we should be set up for a win against Everton.
  • The very definition of an 'end of season' game.
  • Nobes would have smashed him ;biggrin
    I will take a point and enjoy the special one whining and moaning.
  • I've enjoyed this game.

We've tried to attack from the off, and our passing and movement at times was much better.

That was a better Man U than in many of their recent games, and we mostly kept them to long range efforts.

Not sure why people on the Beeb are being snotty about the game.
  • Arnie should have had a penalty. Smalling had both his arms wrapped around him. As per usual, the ref either doesn't see it or is too scared to give the penalty.
  • For Col. 'windmilling in' ;wahoo
  • Disagree, Lukerz.

Thought both teams were going for it.
  • Nobles rage was out of order for any player let alone a captain. He should have been sent off and what good would that have done us? I have a lot of respect for what he has done for our club but I do not want him as captain on the field next year.
    not a bad result but I thought our mid field was poor most of the time. Rice is growing in stature and may be a future captain.
  • Fair point with little excitement until the end ;diva stuff.
    I actually thought Mario had a decent game, he is very comfortable on the ball and IMO would be worth considering signing, it's his 1st season in the PL Joining us mid way in a team
    That was struggling, it could have been a far worse outcome.
    Actually agreed with Arthur substitute , he IMO was truly poor this evening.
    A average game, not hopeless performance , a deserved point, pity Moyes didn't try the 4-4-2 at HT, but that's fine....
    Till Sunday then...
  • Jay. Don't think Arthur was subbed for being poor. Just to change shape.
  • I saw that Mrs Grey, but it was a correct decision he was subbed , he was useless tonight IMO !
  • Think it took us a bit of time to adjust to the formation and was a bit too late once we did

Not a bad game

Mario im undecided on

I like him as a player....but i just feel in this league he doesnt do enough for what he will cost us

Good and tidy on the ball, but lacks a bit of intensity and doesnt really 'attack'

Lanzini was poorer than him today but you could see what he was trying, attacking players and driivng into space,you just dont see that from mario
  • The mighty ManUtd seeing out a 0-0 draw against relegation contenders ;lol ;lol
  • Ref was poor as he so often is. I feel he tries to not give things which prevents miscarriages of justice the other way but allows genuine infringements to go unpunished.

Arnie should have had a penalty and Noble should have been sent off. The captain of a team should be the one defusing situations like that not creating them. Arnie should have gone down under that challenge in the box as there was clear contact but chose to stay on his feet because he could, but on reflection I am glad he did as give me him every day as opposed to Kane who goes down upon a feather touch for the penalty, it might be clever but there is no honour in it for a professional player.
  • Don’t think Nobes would have reacted like that had we needed points on Sunday to stay up, but tbh I like to see a bit of passion and fight. It’s not like he chinned him.
  • I enjoyed that game and especially watching us taking the game to them with Mourinho making defensive substitutions and playing for time. The home supporters made a terrific atmosphere throughout.
    I thought Noble had a great game, full of commitment all over the pitch and some lovely passing with one superb ball over the top for Marko to volley. As for the shenanigans at the end Pogba just committed one too many fouls and I can't blame Mark.
    Adrian gave a master class in goalkeeping for Hart with Oggie and Rice doing the rest to keep a clean sheet. My only niggle is that our defenders never seem to come out after marauding opponents quickly enough allowing shots to be got off hence the need for Adrians display.
  • I would like to see Carroll starting against Everton. Him and Arnie are fun to watch together.
  • Really mediocre game. Both sides at ease with their positions, not much to play for. MUFC were very disappointing; no idea why their forwards kept coming short to receive the ball every time vs a back 5. Pleased Adrian had a good game, made some decent saves, particularly the one onto the post. Zaba and Oggy solid as per. Arnie isolated. Lanzini needs more runners off him. Declan Rice was excellent. Shame Josh Cullen couldnt get a run out.
  • I thought it was a lot better than mediocre.
  • Stolen from twitter:

You never close your eyes, anymore time when I kiss your lips, and there’s no tenderness like before in your fingertips....

21F7D330-124F-4DF4-8985-DF330299E5AB
  • I thought Rice was excellent again. Even more so when considering he's had a couple of shaky moments. He looks the best talent out of the academy in a long time.
  • We were talking about that last night.

It's funny that Burke and Oxford were the names being touted as the next best thing, but it is Rice who has stepped up and shown he is more than capable at this level.

He's a starter next season, for me.
  • Well that’s £25m saved then
  • Still think we need a new CB

Hes an absolute star, hes so good its ridiuclous....but he is still only a teenager and needs to be protected

The premier league can be unforgiving

We cant trust reid anymore so personally feel like we need a new face
  • Champo

I'd say we do if we aren't keeping Ginge, but not if we are.

And that assumes that neither of Oxford or Burke are able to make the step up, which may not be the case.

For me, ideally, we would keep Ginge for one more year, have Rice as a starter, (add your own curry jokes here...) and have one of Burke or Oxford as next season's 'Rice'.
  • Grey ;ok

I want us to hold onto Oxford and get him into the squad. He looks a big talent still and I think he definitely has the capability.
  • Grey I think Oxford wants out, which is a shame as he could be the next rice (the irony that oxford was the golden child first)

Burke im not convinced by at premier league level and wouldnt mind him continue his development in the championship

I guess it does come to Collins, but imo we need a new CB regardless if he stays or not

Although not solely the CB fault,we have the joint worst defensive record in the league even with a back 3/5 which usually conceeds less

I dont think Reid is ever gonna have a full season in him (17 appearances) and Collins is 34 and himself cant stay fit (only 12 league appearances)
  • Stolen from twitter:

You never close your eyes, anymore time when I kiss your lips, and there’s no tenderness like before in your fingertips....

21F7D330-124F-4DF4-8985-DF330299E5AB

The first rule of fight club
This discussion has been closed.