Wembley Stadium, Would you sell ?

2»

Comments

• Suze

You had me at 'I just don't trust the FA'...
  • I'd sell. Problem is I just don't trust the FA to spend the money wisely.

It’s like selling your inheritance?
  • How can you aspire to play for England or who ever, knowingly it could be in Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, and where ever,
    Theres enough problems with club v country.
    I know let’s in Wales, m’ stadium
  • edited May 2018
    imagelost said:

How can you aspire to play for England or who ever, knowingly it could be in Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, and where ever,

Well, they are in England...

• edited May 2018
    So is my house,I would not sell it and rent,,, the FAget subs, blar blar blar ,,, the long. Term affects will not good for English football
  • Well, that a reason not to sell.

But that's not what you gave as the reason in your previous post, you suggested playing in other cities would prevent players aspiring to play for England.

Which I don't think it will.
  • edited May 2018
    MrsGrey said:

Well, that a reason not to sell.

But that's not what you gave as the reason in your previous post, you suggested playing in other cities would prevent players aspiring to play for England.

Which I don't think it will.

Indeed
    In a dream
    As young boy
    I would not like to go to another ground,other then a national stadium playing for my country.

And I can have more then 1 reason not sell it
  • You can have as many reasons as you like.

As I said, I was responding to the one you gave.

• Also what is the benefit of selling
  • edited May 2018
    imagelost said:

I would not like to go to another ground,other then a national stadium playing for my country.

Not dreaming of away games then? ;wink
  • But seriously - it will still BE the national stadium.

So your reason isn't valid.
  • edited May 2018
    Spain doesn't have a national stadium with internationals and cup finals played at various locations. Germany doesn't have a national stadium for internationals although cup finals are played at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.

Obviously their national teams have suffered because of it...........
  • Spain doesn't have a national stadium with internationals and cup finals played at various locations. Germany doesn't have a national stadium for internationals although cup finals are played at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.

Obviously their national teams have suffered because of it...........

I am not Spanish
  • edited May 2018
    MrsGrey said:

But seriously - it will still BE the national stadium.

So your reason isn't valid.

If it was my stadium, I would not want to sell it ,,, end of
  • edited May 2018
    imagelost said:

Also what is the benefit of selling

Why don’t you answer this
  • edited May 2018
    Clear a massive debt millstone, generate a one-off windfall of hundreds of millions of ££ for investment in football at all levels and (if done properly) still generate a large annual income through Club Wembley.

Although personally, I'm not that bothered.
  • Mrs g ;ok

;hmm
    Doesn’t sway me,
    Grass roots levels has to come from local government, the need for housing “London area” , building housing on any piece of land there get ther hands on!
    I also know there already building sports sport centres in parks” which I didn’t think was aloud to happen” ect ect

I could go on,,,
    The big wigs at FA should rent offices too!
  • imagelost said:

Grass roots levels has to come from local government, the need for housing “London area” , building housing on any piece of land there get ther hands on!
    I also know there already building sports sport centres in parks” which I didn’t think was aloud to happen” ect ect

I could go on,,,

Local government doesn't have the money which I'm guessing is why the FA want to raise cash themselves
  • The stadium will be paid off by 2024 according to the fa , it all depends on how well the money is spent long term might be better to keep it but I am a fan of England games been played around the country
  • The stadium is falling down. They are now fitting netting to the underside of the roof to prevent falling pieces of the roof falling onto the seats.
  • Stadium is hardly falling down, the roof panels were incorrectly installed, it’s been known for years, it’s a safety precaution and they couldn’t do the work this year because of spurs being there
  • The FA has only owned Wembley for a total of 19 years...

800m to put back into grassroots football and further improve coach/st Georges etc would be well spent (if that's how they spend it...)

Also increases the chances of a NFL team based in LDN which I would like.
  • imagelost said:

I could go on,,,

Local government doesn't have the money which I'm guessing is why the FA want to raise cash themselves
    The FA can not/ will not be able to out bid land for housing to build football pitch’s
    Local governments are already building sports centres in parka.
    The FA are talking riddles are someone is making it up for them
  • edited May 2018
    imagelost said:

The FA can not/ will not be able to out bid land for housing to build football pitch’s

I think it is quite a bit more complicated than this.

Is it just the finance stopping them?

Is the same land earmarked in the development plans in such a way that housing and football pitches are competing for the same land?

Genuine question - I'm out of touch with plannings regs these days.

And in any case - is it necessary (or desirable) to create lots of new pitches... wouldn't it be case of upgrading existing facilities.

Not sure what sports centres in parks has to do with it - I must be missing your point. Are you saying they are having to do it there because they can't acquire land on which to build new facilities?

• Well sport centres control the football pitches in the parks
  • One given Park I know of,
    Just a Park bottom NE corner
    Is having a sports Center
    It needs electric, water, gas and sawage.