West Ham vs Man City (H) Match Thread 29/04/2018

12346»

Comments

• Hammers distinct lack of effort not acceptable, says Alan Shearer and I agree wit him
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43945154

Manager can decide tactics, team formation and select playes, but players don't their part then life is difficult. Too many had accepted defeat eevn before th walke don to the pitch against MANC and did not even try. Too mnay also of poor quality and can't blame Moyes for that.

Need a big and positive reaction agaionst Leicester.
  • Moyes has consecutively been a failure at Man U (by their standards), Sociedad, Sunderland and now has the worst West Ham win record in our 123 year history. It’s always someone else’s fault right? ;hmm
  • edited April 2018
    I think putting the players in the right frame of mind is important.

The team selection was totally negative, it doesn't create the right mind set for the players.

This was not a formation to get on the front foot and when you concede the first goal playing with such a formation your stuck.

Every team (better than ours) sets up to defend against them and get beat, the only teams that have success is those that went after them.

AC to batter them would have created an element they're not used to, but he didn't even see the pitch...

This is now the 8th game where we have conceded more than 3 with Moyes. I was for giving him a full season but losing confidence big time.
  • On the Man City site....

Zabaleta is awarded the own goal instead of Rice. He scores the 100th goal in the Premier League for City this season. Legend
  • IMO it is part of the manager's job to make sure his team work hard enough. If the players aren't trying hard enough (which is debatable) then why isn't the manager getting the best out of them?
  • Man City fan at work could not understand why AC wasn’t brought on to have a go at their defence which in his view was vulnerable.
  • You cannot play city with two wing backs with a combined aged of 70!!!
    Really felt for Declan Rice i think he is much better in midfield, to much on him this season but hey we sold a centre back and signed a left back in jan
    Kouyate is appaling he needs to go in at centre back for the rest of the season.
    never seen a players form drop so so badly
    Arnie was class gave 100%
  • You cannot play city with two wing backs with a combined aged of 70!!!
    We played Cresswell as LWB and Evra as LCB
  • Lukerz said:

imagelost said:

Cuz1 said:

Just read the article where Carroll left the bench after the substitutes were used and Moyes going to deal with it Monday

;hmm
    ;hmm
    ;hmm
    ;hmm
  • It’s always someone’s fault right?

;hmm

This discussion has been closed.