West Ham vs Man City (H) Match Thread 29/04/2018

Comments

• I might be wrong, but we may have had more shots on target. Most certainly if we count shots at both ends
  • So, 2 own goals, a clear goal for us disallowed, and a penalty given as a free kick, and ref deciding to spare Otamendi a 2nd yellow.

It's bad enough they are a great team, without being lucky too..
  • Soubds like ottamendi is a sending off waiting to happen
  • To be fair, I didn't think it was a yellow card offence.

But yeah, poor officiating again. Arnie's goal should have stood IMO.

Just disappointing that we didn't start trying until we were two goals down.
  • 100% penalty for City.

We'll call that 1-1
  • Cresswell can't handle Sterling.
  • Right now, we just need to preserve our GD.
  • 75th minute for Moyes' first change?
  • Maybe he doesn’t want the job.
  • Arnie feeling his hamstring ;sofa
  • You were saying MIA. This is turning into a nightmare.
  • Now he brings on Masuaku ;doh
  • edited April 2018
    And now we have the worst defence in the league. 67 goals conceded.
  • 4-1 down and that’s the time you make attacking subs? I want Moyes gone so badly
  • I’ve come to the opinion that Moyes must go. I didn’t want him the first place but I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt until now! He’s got to go!
    IMHO
  • We put attacking subs on last week at 1-1 and lost 4-1. What makes you think we can make any kind of a difference against these. Our midfield is virtually useless as they lack pace of any kind.
  • Innit, Alderz.

Moyes has made some baffling decisions in recent weeks.

Feel the club needs a big shake up in the summer, and it needs to start with Moyes, IMO
  • We could have Guardiola and Mourinho as joint managers and City would still put us to the sword. Man for man they are light years away from us.
  • We put attacking subs on last week at 1-1 and lost 4-1. What makes you think we can make any kind of a difference against these. Our midfield is virtually useless as they lack pace of any kind.

Didn’t we put on attacking subs at 1-0? Then scored with those subs involved?

• I think you're right but we still conceded 3.
  • The good news is that Huddersfield and Southampton have to play Man City.
  • We must remember that man c are very good side
    Who on there day can stuff any team
  • Does Moyes actually know his best 11 yet?
  • There is a huge gulf in class, Thorn, it's true, and this game was always going to end in defeat.

Which is why Moyes' negative set up bothers me. This was a free hit.
  • A free hit yes but if we were too attacking it's us who would continually get hit. This lot score goals for fun and are never satisfied with how many they've scored.
  • I think you're right but we still conceded 3.

After the Rice mistake knocked the stuffing out of us. We had a strong period after those subs, the only period we looked like scoring, so I don’t think the fact we then in more afterwards proves they didn’t make an impact. Arguably the bigger mistake was the third attacking sub after 2-1, which really exposed us.

Moyes is doing very little to influence games apart from late reactionary subs.

I think it’s been pretty clear his choice of back line has allowed them to keep coming at us without having the pace to deal with that, yet Masuaku, the only defender with the pace to get close to City, isn’t brought on until we’re 4-1 down.

• Does Moyes actually know his best 11 yet?

Howard
    Hibbert Yobo Jagielka Baines
    Mirallas Osman Arteta Pienaar
    Ferguson Cahill
  • edited April 2018
    Arnie never stops trying top man
  • My point is kind of that it’s a totally pointless exercise bringing them on at 4-1. At 3-1 you could say maybe he was trying to get back into it. But at 4, what is the point? What is the point of opening us up after we are 4-1 down? It just strikes me of someone who doesn’t know what to do, so he throws on the players as an empty gesture.
  • There is a huge gulf in class, Thorn, it's true, and this game was always going to end in defeat.

Which is why Moyes' negative set up bothers me. This was a free hit.

No, it wasn't. We have to keep the goal difference in mind. No use giving ut a go and losing by 6 or 7
This discussion has been closed.