• Expat, are you sure you are not suffering with sun stroke. ;lol
  • edited April 2018
    Adrian
    Rice Ogbonna Evra
    Zaba Fernandes Noble Kouyate Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic

Is the line up according to Ex.

So the only genuine pace we have (Masuaku) is dropped to the bench.

Given that we're likely to be playing on the counter attack, I'm not quite sure I get the logic there ;hmm
  • Oh jeez.....sterling and Sane agaisnt Evra and Zaba whos combined age is 70.....

Lets hope Ex is wrong
  • Zaba needs to be on a bit of elastic in case he tries to go forward - that way he can get back again twice as fast ;scarf
  • I'd have said that Arnie had a bit of pace wouldn't you OCS?
  • Tbh it’s just a case of keeping the score as low as possible before we go to Leicester.

So I suppose an extra defender in for an attacking outlet is the thinking. Either way it’s going to be defend for 90 and hope Lanzini and Arnie do something on the break.
  • got Sane and Sterling in FF think its going to be a riot

He does.

But a counter attack generally requires more than one player.

Masuaku, as frustrating as he is, is quick and is a very good dribbler. His ball retention could have been key for us today.
  • got Sane and Sterling in FF think its going to be a riot
  • Gonna be painful this

While i get keeping it tight to keeo the score down... man city are ruthless they will just wear us down untill the players are dead on their feet

We need to try retain possession at least a little
  • My god please explain why evra

He does.

Masuaku, as frustrating as he is, is quick and is a very good dribbler. His ball retention could have been key for us today.
    I think Lanzini is one of the quickest players we have. I’d rather Lanzini and Arnie breaking that Masuaku and Arnie.
  • Are we going to sit right in front of the goal for the whole game? Because that back line isn't going catch anyone who gets in behind them.
  • edited April 2018

I'd have said that Arnie had a bit of pace wouldn't you OCS?

He does.

I think Lanzini is one of the quickest players we have. I’d rather Lanzini and Arnie breaking that Masuaku and Arnie.
    Why does it have to be Masuaku or Lanzini? Why not have Masuaku at LWB instead of Cresswell? Then we have three players capable of breaking rather than two.
  • OCS,

Masuaku cannot defend as well as Cresswell, and is usually a yellow card or a penalty or a mistake waiting to happen anywhere in our half. Against City, the wing backs are likely to be doing a lot more defending than attacking, so it makes sense (to me) to have a better defender in at LWB.
  • I can see the logic.

Make it difficult for them to score and see if we can take the likely rare chances that come our way.

Maybe bring more attacking options on later if we are still in with a shout of any points.
  • Clearly a team to try and get 1 point, which is fair vs Man City, I suppose. But a shame to see 3 strikers on the bench. Carroll for Fernandes would have been more exciting.
  • Just cant see us getting close to them...nor do i think we have the legs to plug the gaps for 90 minutes
  • Nil nil will do
    coyi
  • Hammerex said:

Expat, are you sure you are not suffering with sun stroke. ;lol

Stranger things have happened at sea ;lol

Nurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse
  • Just cant see us getting close to them...nor do i think we have the legs to plug the gaps for 90 minutes

At the end of the day, they’ve beaten every team in the league this season. They could well finish with record points and record goals this season. Almost nobody has got close to them or plugged the gaps. That’s how good they are.
  • edited April 2018
    O dear... ;sofa

No attacking because we will be killed on the counter...

1 point ;pray
  • We gave them a really good game at the Etihad, one of the harder PL games they've had this season, I'd say.

Think we all accept this is a 'take your medicine' game, so I just hope there's some sugar in our performance to make it go down more easily.
  • Hope we keep it at 3 .............don't want to embarrass the champions ;whistle
  • edited April 2018
    Sky have it as a 3-4-3

I think that's a bit unlikely
  • Should have taken my 7-0-3 formation and approach.

#HoofNotYouth
  • Good start
  • I think I will do my laundry....
This discussion has been closed.