West Ham vs Stoke City (H) Match Thread 16.04.2018

Comments

• literally jumped for joy ;wahoo coyi
  • OMG 2-1 THE COMEBACK !¬
  • Stoke last minute free kick :open_mouth:
  • Ref being very quick to give us yellows but stoke gave away about 6 fouls on the edge of their box and nothing given!
  • Hart all at sea for that free kick as well.
  • edited April 2018
    3 disallowed goals

Full time 1-1 probably should have been 3 points.
  • I'll settle for that after going behind.
  • edited April 2018
    Pretty poor from us. Have to take the point but all those attackers sat on the bench until 76 mins and then when we go 0-1 down.

Stoke were awful and will go down thankfully but we had a great chance to seal our status with a win and we just never had enough good attacking players on the pitch to win the game that was there for the taking.

We can never seem to beat Stoke at home.
  • #He scores when he's fit
  • Moyes should have used our 3rd sub to get Hart off and Adrian on.
  • That AC goal though - lovely.
  • Lukerz, we scored 4 tonight. How is that pretty poor? Of these 4 it sounded like only one was kind of clear cut. The first was marginally offside and for the 4th it seems like it should have stood.
    Mind you, i didn't see it. I can only go by what I read.
  • It would have been easier for Hart to just put his hands on the ball rather than try and use his leg. He is a disaster.
  • Lukerz,

Hopefully it won't be a problem next season.
  • Wanted 3 points desperately , but at 90 mins 1 down , feel better now.
    Great finish by Andy to rescue the point.
    Luke, while we weren't great by any means can't agree with ur comment that we had deserved to lose, apart from their goal & let's face it Hart did him self little favours Stoke certainly didn't deserve the win...
    Have to settle for a point, could have been far worse...
  • Hart for me all game looked nervous is first touch he couldn’t hold a routine catch, glad he’s only a loan send him back now and that’s not just tonight’s game it’s all but one game he’s played for us happy to take a point plus side ac took his goal well
  • Great goal by Carroll. Can never understand Moyes’ reluctance to make subs, especially when we had good options on the bench. We were well worth at least a point, though.
  • It drives me nuts when I see strikers (ie Arnie in this case) not making any effort to get back onside after an attack breaks down ... how many times do we see the ball come back quickly and the striker is suddenly a liability because of their position.

That's why our 2nd was offside - it was a sweet strike by Fernandes.

• Unhappy with 3 disallowed goals, but I will take that point and have a giggle when stoke are relegated next Saturday.
    Nice one AC. That was worth a few weeks on the treatment table. You are still class, even though you get broken a bit too often.
  • edited April 2018
    Just read the BBC about the second goal. Anyone remember the West Ham v Man Utd game, where aplayer, standing right in front of Adrian, then takes him out from a corner and they get the goal allowed...

• Oh, and I was not happy with Chicarito blatantly trying to 'fake' for a penalty. Poor.
  • Moojor,

It was Bastien the German, it got them a replay which they won at Upton Park. ;angry
  • Moojor,

It was Bastien the German, it got them a replay which they won at Upton Park. ;angry

Cheers Fortune, knew it was in the cup, couldn't remember the name.
  • Think Chico's should have stood; hard to see how AC was doing anything worse than Shawcross.

Only player at fault for their goal was Hart. I would have preferred him to choose a different way to let Southgate know he didn't want to go to the World Cup.

Don't think Stoke were 'abysmal'. They were decent in their recent games, they just don't have enough goals in them.

We had plenty of attacks, so don't think we lacked attacking players on the pitch.

If Hart doesn't gift them a goal, we probably win.

Relieved with the draw after going behind.

1 point further from Soton, and Stoke need 3 wins, or 2 wins and 2 draws to get past us, even if we don't take another point.

Not great, but not the disaster it could have been. Hart owes AC a big drink.
  • Shocking we didnt win that
    Hart is a calamity...one good game then this....GK has to be the #1 priority this summer

Think the offisde calls were right

Moyes needed to be proactive with his subs...no surprise when Carroll and hernandez we got a goal and a disallowed goal
  • If Hart makes the England squad IMO it's a slap in the face of other keepers, tonight infront of Southgate he made a real schoolboy error...yet again, his 4th in 18 games that have led to goals..
    Moyes is IMO too conservative with his subs, like already said above, like he had decided that not losing the game was more important than winning...
    At 90 mins u have to say a point gained...
  • I think Chico's goal was disallowed for handball by Andy as the ball hit his hand and dropped nicely for Chico BUT I think Oliver should have awarded a penalty for Shawcross holding onto him before Andy got it.
  • Grey

Carroll used his arm in controlling the ball before giving it to Chico. That was why it was disallowed.
  • It would have been easier for Hart to just put his hands on the ball rather than try and use his leg. He is a disaster.

That irritated me more than the first mistake. Just jump on it and put your body in the way. That’s what you expect from any keeper, not that pointless swipe of the leg.
This discussion has been closed.