West Ham vs Chelsea (A) Match Thread 8.04.2018

123457»

Comments

• Dont think its condescending at all

I mean we are overjoyed that we drew...and they are angry at the same result

Purely based upon the reactions that this was a result neither team expected, so ye they should beat us if they want to be champions league contenders, which is their aim of the season

• It’s probably akin to us saying we should be beating the likes of Brighton and Burnley at home if we want to aspire to #thenextlevel
  • I think Hernandez needs to be incorporated into the side somehow but he does struggle to offer a lot when the ball isn't falling to his feet in the penalty area. We have seen this season with all his goals that he is a real poacher in the 18 yard box, but the fact all his PL goals have been within the area just highlight where he excels. I know many will say "he scores goals, what do you want?" but at the end of the day it is the same issue we had with Kevin Nolan. He scored goals for us but his overall team play was lacking.

This is the same Hernandez who played against Shrewsbury and didn't look like scoring. I think if we get him in the side with Arnie next to him and Lanzini behind then he should score us plenty of goals, but how many times have we had all of those players available?

But it would be great if Moyes could fit him into the system without disrupting Arnie's form and role in the side, because he is a more complete player at the moment and offering us more things.
  • Lukerz said:

I think if we get him in the side with Arnie next to him and Lanzini behind then he should score us plenty of goals, but how many times have we had all of those players available?

I was interested in this so I looked at Transfermarkt.

We've had 32 league games so far this season, Hernandez has been unavailable for 5, Arnie for 6 and Lanzini for 11.

We have only had 1 of the three available on 4 occasions (just Hernandez against Huddersfield, Palace and Brighton, and just Arnie against Southampton). We've had 2 available 14 times and all three available 14 times. So our attacking trio have all been available for 44% of our games.

But basically, only 3 of Hernandez's appearances have been in games when neither Arnie or Lanzini were available to play behind him.
  • Conte didn't say Chelsea should be beating teams "like West Ham", he said
    You must win this game if you want to reach a target, in this case we want to reach a place in the Champions League.
    On the whole I'd agree with him, if Chelsea want CL football they need to win more games
  • Conte didn't say Chelsea should be beating teams "like West Ham", he said

You must win this game if you want to reach a target, in this case we want to reach a place in the Champions League.
    On the whole I'd agree with him, if Chelsea want CL football they need to win more games

The quote is from the BBC football gossip column, I wasn’t in the room with him.
  • So we won 1-1... reading the first comment on this thread, I think I'll set up as 'Mystic Kuch, fortunes told, just send requests on a ten pound note" ;wink
This discussion has been closed.