West Ham vs Chelsea (A) Match Thread 8.04.2018

Comments

• happy happy joy joy
  • Hart, Rice, Ogbonna and Noble were outstandinng. Arnie was Arnie, such a fabulous player. ;thumbsup
  • edited April 2018
    Unexpected point. Really pleased to see Javier score maybe, just, maybe a few other people might see the benefit of holding onto him & even playing him more often. ;pray
  • Danny Mills:

reinventing stupid for the Internet Age.
  • Mills was appalling you would had thought we had rolled over 4-0
  • Pair of floodgates for sale, hardly used. ;whistle
  • Regarding Mills..

So we went away against the champions scored a goal and got a draw..

but we showed no fight or passion.. ;hmm

He seems to be a worse pundit that he was a player which takes some doing.
  • edited April 2018
    A useful reminder to those who listen on the radio that commentary, and especially punditry, can be highly subjective.
  • I think you are finding a nice way to say rubbish Grey. ;hmm
  • Busted.. ;biggrin
  • Hart was excellent yesterday, the sort of saves that most keepers in the bottom half don’t make, and the reason we brought him in on an expensive loan. If he repeats that for the final 6 games it might just make his signing worthwhile.
  • I must admit I was not happy with Hart being selected in the first place, but
    thank goodness he was. Man of the match for me, and a point that was not
    expected, should be enough to avoid relegation now surely.
  • Hart (+ Arnie) are in Garth Crooks team of the week.
  • Did anyone else take particular note of Declan Rice's reaction to our goal? If you didn't, check it out on the highlights (now on the club website).

;carew
  • He’s a bit pleased ;biggrin
  • In the “gossip column” on the BBC football site, Antonio Conte states that Chelsea don’t deserve to qualify for the Champions league if they can’t beat teams like West Ham. Condescending or what. ;angry
  • He's a star

I don't like hyping young players as it can unravel so fast but he is just a star

He's only 19...its mad how good he is. He may not be the quickest but he reads the game so well for someone so young that he doesn't need to be

The amount of times he tracked Morata when hazard tried to play it behind our back 3

Comfortable on the ball and british, we have a gem in our midst. Wont be long till the big boys start noticing however
  • DJ Hammer said:

In the “gossip column” on the BBC football site, Antonio Conte states that Chelsea don’t deserve to qualify for the Champions league if they can’t beat teams like West Ham. Condescending or what. ;angry

Maybe Moyes should have said we deserve to go down if we can’t get owt out of both the Chelsea games
  • He's a star

I don't like hyping young players as it can unravel so fast but he is just a star

He's only 19...its mad how good he is. He may not be the quickest but he reads the game so well for someone so young that he doesn't need to be

The amount of times he tracked Morata when hazard tried to play it behind our back 3

Comfortable on the ball and british, we have a gem in our midst. Wont be long till the big boys start noticing however

Er, if you’re referring to Declan Rice, I think you’ll find that Martin O’Neill has laid claim to him for Ireland.

;whistle
  • You know what I mean, he is Irish but has grown up as a Londoner ;biggrin

I respect him for playing for ROI being half paddy myself....think Noble should've done the same thing in hindsight
  • ;quaver He's one of our own ;quaver
  • edited April 2018
    The support and appreciation shown towards Ray Wilkins was immense from the travelling fans and they started singing "There's only one Ray Wilkins".
    It was quite moving to hear the away fans celebrating Ray to that extent.
  • You know what I mean, he is Irish but has grown up as a Londoner ;biggrin

I respect him for playing for ROI being half paddy myself....think Noble should've done the same thing in hindsight

Yeah I agree, he’s a real find for us, a gem of a player who gives his all.
  • Great second half made a big difference playing 2 up front . ;biggrin
  • DJ Hammer said:

In the “gossip column” on the BBC football site, Antonio Conte states that Chelsea don’t deserve to qualify for the Champions league if they can’t beat teams like West Ham. Condescending or what. ;angry

Tbf, if by 'teams like West Ham' he means 'teams in a relegation battle' he's right. They should have beaten us twice on paper this season, and yet they come away with one point.
  • I think it was slightly misreported (shock.)

My sense was that he was suggesting the issue was not winning games like that, where they dominated and created a bunch of chances, rather than referring to us specifically as a team they 'should' be beating.
  • Hadn't realised Rice was released by Chelsea at 14.
  • Its pretty simple if you want to be in the Champions League you need to be beating teams at the bottom of the table, its not condescending its reality. Chelsea should have the resources available to make that happen.
  • But it is never that straight forward. Over a period of time it generally works out but in 1 2 1 situations there are sometimes upsets/surprises.
  • Rice was born in London and went to school in Richmond (ooooo, posh) but qualifies for Ireland through his grandparents on his dad's side
This discussion has been closed.