West Ham vs Chelsea (A) Match Thread 8.04.2018

Comments

• 1-0 to them

Fantastic save from hart 1vs 1 agaisnt willian

Conceed from the corner so sloppy

Team was asleep
  • That is a BIG save
  • edited April 2018
    After a (surprisingly) good save from Hart, how did he get beaten by Azipiecueta so easily? Poor. Still not sure why he's starting matches for us
  • That wasn’t Hart’s fault at all
  • Hazard is in the move

Players cant get close to him
  • floodgates will just open now.
  • After a (surprisingly) good save from Hart, how did he get beaten by Azipiecueta so easily? Poor. Still not sure why he's starting matches for us

How on earth was that Hart's fault?
  • Imo we are missing just that extra threat going forward. Obviously we have Arnie and Masuaku to provide for him but I think we are just missing one extra flair player on the other flank. If Antonio was fit this would be him
  • We do seem to be slower than Chelsea. Not winning many 50/50 balls.
  • edited April 2018

After a (surprisingly) good save from Hart, how did he get beaten by Azipiecueta so easily? Poor. Still not sure why he's starting matches for us

How on earth was that Hart's fault?
    He watched it ROLL in from about a metre to his side. That's not to say he wasn't the only one at fault however. We don't seem prepared for each corner we have to defend.
  • The guy was four yards out and it hit on of our players after Azpilicueta shot. No way in a million years was Hart at fault for that. Half our players were asleep when the cross came in and then Arnie tried a lazy clearance. Yet you pick out Hart...
  • Cant blame hart

The guy was allowed to shot from 5 yards out, he was wrong footed by the ball across the box

Would do well to get into HT at 1-0

Didnt see the bench though, might need something different although i expect chelsea to slow a bit

Think Fernndes has been poor (although positive), many misplaced passes
  • The guy was four yards out and it hit on of our players after Azpilicueta shot. No way in a million years was Hart at fault for that. Half our players were asleep when the cross came in and then Arnie tried a lazy clearance. Yet you pick out Hart...

As I said, it wasn't just Hart at fault. I'm not picking out Hart singlehandedly just because I never mentioned any other players at fault.

As I said, it wasn't just Hart at fault. I'm not picking out Hart singlehandedly just because I never mentioned any other players at fault.
    Well if you only mention one player (one who wasn't remotely at fault and had just made a great save before it) then I'd say that's picking out somebody singlehandedly.
  • Could be a lot worse

Chelsea have been good but still havent really tested hart prior to the 2 minute spell where they had the 1vs1 and obviously the goal

Always going to be a tough ask for the boys

Well if you only mention one player (one who wasn't remotely at fault and had just made a great save before it) then I'd say that's picking out somebody singlehandedly.
    That's because I'm trying to enjoy the game rather than provide a detailed analysis of a particular move during the match. If you're going to nit-pick at what I wrote like that then what you've written above in brackets is also irrelevant seeing as I wrote that Hart made a good save prior to the goal.
  • Find it hard to appreicate Slavs comments saying we need to defend better when we did some of the worst defending ive seen under him
  • Chelsea bossing it, but we aren't out of it yet...

Of course, we'd need to take one of the half-chances we'll get 2nd half, and keep them out for the rest of the game, so it's a bit of an ask, but you never know.

Not been unhappy with how we have played. Compared to recent games, Chelsea have shown up for this, and Hazard suddenly looks a good player again.
  • Still in it, sloppy goal , Arnie IMO was slow to react, but let's not give up hope yet ;scarf
  • Why do we not have players on each post for corners ? Crazy. Mario and Fernandes have been poor, but otherwise an OK if uninspriring 1st half.
  • Don't think we are in it. We have barely got into the Chelsea half. Unless we actually stop launching the ball up field and play some football it will just be more of the same for the second half. But if that is our plan why not just put Hugill on at least give the defence another option than just Arnie's forehead.

That's because I'm trying to enjoy the game rather than provide a detailed analysis of a particular move during the match. If you're going to nit-pick at what I wrote like that then what you've written above in brackets is also irrelevant seeing as I wrote that Hart made a good save prior to the goal.
    How on earth is a goalkeeper expected to save a shot from 4 yards out when he can hardly see the ball and it takes a deflection? Still very confused how anybody can see that goal as first and foremost the fault of the goalkeeper, above the shoddy attempt at heading it away, the three players surrounding Azpilicueta who failed to get their first, and Arnie's lazy attempt at a clearance.

How on earth is a goalkeeper expected to save a shot from 4 yards out when he can hardly see the ball and it takes a deflection? Still very confused how anybody can see that goal as first and foremost the fault of the goalkeeper, above the shoddy attempt at heading it away, the three players surrounding Azpilicueta who failed to get their first, and Arnie's lazy attempt at a clearance.
    Hart can see it. He watches it roll in. There was a deflection but it was minor enough for him to still have at least made contract with the ball. I've never said that goal was more Hart's fault than any other player.

I was simply writing about how Hart made a good initial save and (since my comment was about Hart) I then stated he should've done better from the corner.

Anyway I'm going to focus on watching the match so this is my last comment regarding their goal.
  • We cant compete, get Hugill on add another body up front for the hoof.
  • What a stupid mistake!
  • Think its time.to sacrifice Fernandes

Good effort but hes lacked quality

Hugill or Hernandez on and push mario back a bit
  • Cresswell cant shake off the knock

Evra on, assume its the same team shape then

Bit of a blow, hope its just a precaution nd hes not out for long
  • When Pearce was giving instructions to Evra before coming on, he was showing him a booklet with the Chelsea badge on the front. Err, why Chelsea? ;lol
  • Zabaleta & Ogbonna have been our best players so far imo
This discussion has been closed.