The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• In other news, Everton are 22-0 up against ATV Irdning
  • What's the point?
  • Seems a complete waste of time when you are looking to get miles in the legs, doesn't it
  • edited July 2018
    I know. They are an amateur team playing in the 5th tier in Austria. Might as well have stayed at home and played the local school's U12s.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/14/friendly-roundup-everton-win-22-0-arsenal-emery-liverpool
  • ‘Before an Irdning defender chipped his own goalkeeper’.

Huh? How on earth did that happen?!
  • Interesting comment from Ex re Hernandez:

"He is arriving back to rush green tomorrow I believe with the other players. Pellegrini wants to keep him and play him correctly!"

Assuming for a second that it's true, then does this mean Hernandez is a starter? And if so, in place of or alongside Arnie, who excelled at CF last season ;hmm

I guess Pellegrini's 4-2-2-2 formation could allow that:

Fabianski
    Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Masuaku
    Rice Wilshere
    Anderson Yarmo
    Arnie Hernandez

;hmm
  • I was thinking that last night...

Maybe:

Hernandez
    Anderson Arnie Yarmo
    Wilshere Obiang
    Fredericks Diop BazBueno Cresswell
    Fabianski

Either way, with the likes of Rice, Noble, Kouyate, Antonio, Ogbonna, Reid, Zab, Arthur, Adrian, Lanzini not in that 11 (and I havent forgot Snodgrass, Byram or Oxford) I'd say (until we sell some) this is a squad with more depth than I can remember in any West Ham era
  • Having "discovered" a £50/60m player in Arnie as a CF, I don't see the logic in playing him anywhere else.
  • Unless, of course, we're selling him.

Rumours abound that he flew to Italy over the weekend to speak to Milan. Pictured getting on a plane yesterday at a Milan airport. Ex says the players were given a "days break" and some chose to go abroad, so every chance there's nothing in it.
  • If we can get Bernard in on a free and loan a DM. We would have excellent options to come off the bench.

I like to think come the start of the season barring any further injuries we will have a very good top 11 to compete with. Dont expect to beat Liverpool but equally hope we don't get smashed 4 or 5 nil and can make a game of it at least.
  • Unless, of course, we're selling him.

Rumours abound that he flew to Italy over the weekend to speak to Milan. Pictured getting on a plane yesterday at a Milan airport. Ex says the players were given a "days break" and some chose to go abroad, so every chance there's nothing in it.

If he'd popped into Tescos there would be rumours he was leaving us for a job stacking shelves...
  • How could you leave with the squad pelle as built over the last couple of weeks quality and quantity not just one both I’m feeling the vibes COYI
  • edited July 2018
    £150k per week maybe? ;hmm
  • Are we sure Rice is being turned into a defensive MF?
  • So, ;fence it is, then.
  • Not sure
  • OCS

Unless, of course, we're selling him.

Who are you referring to, Hernandez or Arnie?
  • That was in response to Buffy's post, so Arnie ;ok
  • Neither.
  • Amazing that Juventus have already almost sold enough Ronaldo shirts to cover the transfer fee and he only signed yesterday.
  • Revenues at La Liga winner Barcelona hit a record €914m (£809m) in the 2017-18 season, the club has said. ... Operating profits at the club were €32m, while the net profit was €13m.
    So, expenditure of €900m ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44857357
  • Ace new home shirt, Barcelona-style away shirt, new PREMIER LEAGUE-WINNING manager, new players, including transfer records, Brazilians, team captains and nippy wingers. This is all too much. All I need is for them to bring back Tiswas and I'll be in heaven!
  • edited July 2018
    Lukerz said:

In other news, Everton are 22-0 up against ATV Irdning

Am I the only one that thinks they’re a bunch of idiots for doing this? When they got to 10-0 they should have just eased off. What does it prove to beat a 5th tier side 22-0?
  • A real load of old toffee
  • Liverpool agree a fee for Alisson for £66mil

Wasn't convinced by him at the WC or in the Roma v Liverpool games, but Liverpool aren't messing around...seriously see them fighting toe to toe with City...actually think they may even do it
  • But they have that world class defender Louvren. ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.