Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Stephen Hawking: Visionary physicist dies aged 76

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43396008

World renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76.

He died peacefully at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday, his family said.

The British scientist was famed for his work with black holes and relativity, and wrote several popular science books including A Brief History of Time.

At the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of motor neurone disease.

;poppy

Comments

• Brain the size of a planet.
  • edited March 14
    I thought his name was Marvin ;biggrin

Stephen Hawking born on 300th anniversary of Galileo's death and died on the anniversary of Einstein's birth - March 14th 3/14 i.e. the first 3 digits of pi - weird coincidence
  • I met him once whilst hosting a wine event in Cambridge.
    He had a very dry sense of humour.
    A group around him were talking about their favourite wines and he proclaimed that he'd probably spilt more wine than any of us had ever drunk...
    RIP
    BubblesNeverDiesSuzanneClaretCuz1Kuchinghammer
  • Great story doing the rounds. Apparently a conversation between John Oliver and Stephen Hawking went along the lines of: -

JO - So there is a universe out there where I am more intelligent than you.

SH - Yes. There is also a universe out there where you are funny.

;clap

RIP a great man. ;poppy
    SuzanneClaretbillybondsbeardBubblesNeverDies