Club finances - last year's figures released

13»

Comments

• Could the board put a few quid of the profit into paying for some stewards and security staff who actually have a clue what they are doing, and manage to complete their tasks in a professional timely and seemly manner?

But that's why we pay the big bucks to have it supplied
  • I know the contract is that LS provides the stewarding etc, but I wonder if a request to bring football match day stewarding back 'in house' would be looked on favourably?

Although, I'm not sure that the club doesn't in effect manage it, with the costs being met by LS operators, because in that Brady letter, there is reference to
    We have progressed from using only one stewarding provider (OCS) to four
    . Not sure who is meant by 'we' in that ... maybe it is a general 'we'.

• Catering and stewards are run by the stadium operators not West Ham so they have no control over how they are run . They can complain but not sure there is a lot else they can do

Well I guess that is one of the risks when you decide to sell a stadium you own and move to an (athletics) stadium that you don’t
  • edited March 2018
    Which gives you another tick in the 'reasons to slag off the Board' column, but doesn't really help things improve. Assuming that's what you would like to see. And assuming we can't go back in time. ;wink
  • We have progressed from using only one stewarding provider (OCS) to four
    I didn’t know that was OldCastleSwift’s job? ;wink
  • IronHerb said:

I think we may request a contribution for the likely forthcoming fine from E20 as stewarding is their responsibility.

There are 'performance assessment' measures in the contract but I don't know f these are for individual members employees, or for the contractor - maybe both.
  • For nearly 2 years the fans have been complaining about the stewards, one feel asleep side on to the crowd yesterday....

David Sullivan now feels uncomfortable and all of a sudden there is an emergency meeting of all stakeholders at the ground.

It’s been a disaster waiting to happen that was so avoidable had the club shown correct care of duty and told LLDC/E20/LS185 or whoever else has a stake in this absolute shambles “this is football, not athletics, we will own the stewards if that is okay and pay for them”

But no, they didn’t they allowed this to unravel on their watch......all as part of “the deal of the century”
  • Brady:
    "We have progressed from using only one stewarding provider (OCS) to four"

If "progressed" in her statement is meant to imply improvement, I think she needs to go back to the drawing board.
    At the moment it seems more like "change it so that it doesn't work".

And who was the big guy in a dark suit who waddled on to the pitch when the morons ran on. He was obviously an official of some sort but definitely not from the Rapid Response Unit.

;biggrin
  • He reminded me of that old 'rumble rumble, tank tank' joke.
  • No, you've got me there Grey, remind me.
  • edited March 2018
    During the First World War, my granddad signed up for the army, but they were so short of weapons, they had to train with broomsticks as guns, and lollipop sticks as bayonets.

When they wanted to fire the rifle, they had to shout 'Bang bang', and when they wanted to use the bayonet they had to shout 'stabby stab'.

When they got to the front line, nothing had changed, and they were sent over the top with their makeshift weapons.

To my grandfather's amazement, when he took aim and shouted 'bang bang' a German soldier fell. In close up quarters, his squad saw off a group fighting hand to hand, using 'stabby stab' effectively.

Then their luck ran out, as over the top of the ridge came a 20 stone German going 'rumble rumble, tank tank.
  • edited March 2018
    Grey, never heard that one before ;lol
  • MrsGrey said:

Which gives you another tick in the 'reasons to slag off the Board' column, but doesn't really help things improve. Assuming that's what you would like to see. And assuming we can't go back in time. ;wink

Well not really - it is pointing out what ultimately caused them to lose control of stewarding - them. No-one forced them to take on the OS against their will. They put themselves and the club in that situation.
  • image, you posted it as an image rather than a link, so it wasn't showing.

I have edited it for you. If that's not how you intended, let me know ;ok
  • Cheers mrs G
    Thank you
  • MrsGrey said:

image, you posted it as an image

Well did you expect anything else?

;lol
  • I'm not sure if anyone has asked. Are we still £100 million pound in debt?
  • edited March 2018
    85m? Or was it 75m ;hmm
  • 75m I think.